Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2001, 10:32 AM
First Mate

Default Several Subjects///Grand Princess

OK, I know that this subject has been covered before but which nights are formal nights? We are renewing our vows for our 25th wedding anniversay and hope that it will be on a formal night. I have been told by TA that we will find out which day it will be after we board ship. I am concerned about the small print that says the ceremony will be a group thing. I have talked to several people who have renewed their vows though and none have been part of a group. This would be a problem for us as we have spent alot of time writting ours just for each other.My final question (for now anyway) is, is there an adults only area where topless sunbathing is acceptable on the Grand ?
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2001, 12:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Several Subjects///Grand Princess

Hi Nancy...

I was on the Grand Princess a couple of weeks ago. Formal nights are now Tuesday and Friday... no semi-formal night any longer, the rest are "smart casual."

I can't help you much on the renewal of vows. However, just based on my observations, it looked like all the renewal of vows ceremonies were taking place on Friday afternoon. There was a large group of couples in the hall near the chapel then. Since I did not attend any of the ceremonies, I do not know if they were performed with multiple couples. The rest of the week the wedding chapel appeared to be devoted to weddings only. Perhaps, your TA could obtain answers to your questions from Princess. Congratulations!!!

There is an adults only pool at the stern, but no "au naturel" sunbathing. Trust me... I looked all over that ship for the nude sunbathers. <grins>

Have a wonderful cruise.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+2 color=blue>It's more than a cruise... It's duh LUUUUUV Boat!!</font>
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb/wdding01.mid" volume=-600>
Old April 24th, 2001, 11:21 PM
First Mate

Thanks MacTarheel ! Ohgreat, now I have to worry about my dress still fitting by Friday!!!! I know that it will fit at the first of the week but it might not by Friday!
Old April 26th, 2001, 06:41 AM
First Mate

Hi Nancy....

Sounds like a good excuse to go shopping for a new dress.... with just a skosh more room. <grins>

One HUGE advantage to my tux bought from a rental agency is the slider tabs on the waistband of the trousers. Now, that's ingenuity!!! <he,he,he>

Have a smooth cruise and a wonderful renewal of vows.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+2 color=green>It's more than a cruise... It's duh LUUUUUV Boat!!</font>
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.88ok.com/leslie/ChapelOfLove.mid" volume=-500>