Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best Available Offers

Has anyone gone with the "best available" choice in booking a cruise? If so, could you please explain exactly how this works? I didn't take this program because I was a little concerned about the cabin I would end up getting. However, if it sounds like people typically receive a good cabin, I may consider it next time. Thanks for any information!
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2001, 09:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Best Available Offers

Best available means, best cabin in that particular category at time of booking. Sometimes it's best available inside cabin, which means at the time you book you get the best inside cabin that is available at that moment. Same goes for oceanview or balcony cabins. Sometimes it's just a particular category.
Old April 27th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Su & Tony

Also, if you know the cabin you want... for example, my hubby and I always check what's above us or below us for noise factor (we've had some bad ones for that reason) and just take that cabin! Sometimes if you wait for best available and everyone is buying up certain cabins, then you get what's left. That can be forward, aft, obstructed view, or up a deck. BUT, some cruisers want those locations because it CAN be cheaper so you might get a great cabin! You really just never know. Well that was a lotta help.... lol, Su...
Old May 1st, 2001, 04:38 PM
First Mate

I have taken the "best available" many times and every time have been upgraded, and the last few times I had an outside cabin with balcony! So sometimes the savings is really worth it.
Old May 6th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Pam,

Judy's explanation is basically right -- if you book at a "best available" rate, you are guaranteed a cabin of the best category of the respective type that's available when you book. You might get an upgrade to a higher category if it becomes available before your cruise.

I have twice booked an "inside cabin" on such a guarantee and landed in an outside cabin with a balcony -- an upgrade of about seventeen or eighteen categories, for which I simply said, "Thank you very much!" OF course, I teased my travel agent about "slipping" when it didn't happen on subsequent cruises....

Norm.