Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cindi
Default Which side of ship for sunny balcony?

We are going on the Golden Princess Eastern Carribean cruise next Feb. and want to be on the sunny side of the ship. I read another post somewhere that the sun is on the port side or starboard side but can't find it again, and don't know what that means anyway.
Help anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Captain

Default Re: Which side of ship for sunny balcony?

Port is left Starboard is right as you face the front of the ship. Cannot help with which side is better for sun.
Old April 26th, 2001, 01:33 PM
MamaTene

We will be sailing aboard the Golden Princess in Feb 2002; supposedly the starboard side gets the most sun however that wont make much of a difference to us as we have aft cabins on Caribe Deck
Old April 26th, 2001, 01:57 PM
First Mate

Hi Cindi...

Without trying to sound simplistic, it depends on several factors... the direction the ship is headed (southest headed down, northwest headed back), the time of day (position of the sun in the sky), and the weather conditions (clear or cloudy). My guess is that is will be approximately equal on both sides.

You can always go topside and get sun most of the day.

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old April 26th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Bob is correct. You are constantly moving unless at port. Enjoy your sun when it appears. Go up to the aft tiered pool area for a lounge and quieter rest & relaxation near a pool. This was the adults pool on the Grand, so I take it for granted there will be one on the Golden, too. 95% of the time you will at least find one chair. There is bar service and hot tubs, too. For a beautiful beginning of your cruise, I hope you get a balcony cabin on the Port side. Leaving Ft. Lauderdale, the condo owner's put on a Light Show only for the Grand at this time which sails after 7:30 p.m. on Sunday. All the other ships sail out before dark. Don't miss it! Port = 4 letters = Left also 4 letters!!!!
Bon Voyage
Old April 26th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Thanks Bob. I guess I wasn't thinking, I had just read somewhere on a post that one side was sunnier than the other on this cruise and being a blonde I fell for it!

I do however like the idea of sunning on my balcony as opposed to top side with all the other cruisers.
Old April 26th, 2001, 10:25 PM
Passenger

We also have a cabin on the caribe deck, left side of the ship, which I have just learned is port side. This will be our Honeymoon so we will be spending alot of time on the balcony, just the two of us, we prefer this instead of the crowded pools. Although the hot tubs really sound nice to relax in, are they usually crowded or do you know?
Old April 27th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Passenger

Cindi, we were on the Sea Princess March 10 to Westeren Carib, Caribe 508. We had 4 balcony's all open together, to much fun. We were on Port side and had a lot of sun, I did most of my sun tanning on the balcony. Make sure if you have a video camera that you have it on when leaving port so you can get the condo people saying goodbye to you. It was the best.