Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Default Bad Case Of Cruise Fever

I have been counting the days until we sail an the Grand 05/27. It was so far away in February, that we did a weekend cruise to the Bahamas on the Majesty of The Seas...just to take the edge off! Then came March....couldn't stand the suspense...just had to see the Grand. Did a weekend trip down to Ft Lauderdale and drove by the port to get a glimpse of her. There she was in all her glory, towering over all the other ships. Two months to go.... I'll never make it! Quick,give me another cruise to hold me over...April, NCL, The Sea, another weekend in the Bahamas. Ahhh....surely I can make it til May now. It's almost May now. Can't book another weekend cruise to hold me over...hmmmmm.....just booked May 26th at the Westin Ft Lauderdale!!!Hey at least it gets me there a day early!!! Oh yea, did I mention that I only live an hour and a half from the port ? Shouldn't require an over night stay but what the heck!! Would you say that I am a little bit anxcious ? This board helps me realize that I am not the only one in this world who eat, sleeps and breathes to cruise......
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2001, 02:25 PM
wannacruise

Default Re: Bad Case Of Cruise Fever

My mind set is TOTALLY the same as yours. We leave on the Grand on 5/6 and I have been living/breathing/thinking about nothing but the cruise for 2 months now! I'm so jealous that you live so close that you can drive to the Port to visit the ships; although I'm sure it makes the yearning to go even more. I'm in Minnesota and after a harsh winter I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to the sun and the relaxation on board. I'll be thinking of you in just 9 days(!) when I set foot on the Grand! I'll have a rum runner just for you.

Don't worry...your cruise will be here before you know it. Actually, I think the best part about a vacation like this is the anticipation because soon it is all over and then what do we have to look forward to?

Happy sailing!
Old April 27th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

YUP! Sounds as if u're HOOKED!! U have to do what I did..find someone who owns a cruise web site, and convince them u're a "travel writer"..

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old April 27th, 2001, 08:58 PM
First Mate

Shadow,
You are sooooooo hooked, and in good company too. I am excited for you, and I am not going until Aug. on my cruise.
Come on cruise chat, weeknights-we'll talk you through this crisis-!
Cher
West Coast Friday Night Chat Host
Old April 28th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Passenger

Wannacruise,
You are so right, I LOVE the anticipation and planning. I have the Princess brochure memorized. I just wish I knew where my cabin was so I could map out my routes to everything, . We have been on several cruises but never on one of the Princess ships, really excited about the Grand.
If you have a drink for me, have a Dirty Banana. Just one and just like a cruise, you will be hooked!

Good idea Kuki!

Cher, I would love to join you for chat, but , I work nights. If you ever chat in the mornings, let me know.
Old April 29th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi ! we are going on the grand may 6th also !!! i am soooooooo excited ! it is now sunday, april 29, and this time next sunday WE WILL BE ON THE DECK OF THE GRAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have never cruised, so i am sooooo looking forward to it all ! i too have the brochure memorized and we are on the LIDO deck. if you wish, we can chit-chat before we all leave and then compare notes when we return ! maybe even meet !

HERE IS TO MAY 6th - GRAND PRINCESS HERE WE COME
pam
Old May 2nd, 2001, 03:09 PM
Carole Dunham

Waaaa! I don't get to go until September, waaa!

Carole