Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Labor Day traffic in Alaska???

I will be arriving in port at Seward on Monday, Labor Day. Someone told me that a couple of years ago, the traffic from Seward north to Anchorage was so bad that it was at a standstill.

I'm concerned that this might happen. I want to make advance hotel reservations for that Monday night. I worried that the traffic could prevent us from being able to get to Anchorage. We have a rental car reserved and our flight leaves at midnight on Tuesday night.

I would like to drive to Anchorage on Monday and have Tuesday to relax before our over-night flight. As it's a holiday weekend, I can't rely on making hotel reservations at the last minute, on the spot.

Does anyone have any experience with this area for Labor Day weekend? Is my goal to make it to Anchorage on that Monday attainable?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links