Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Wannacruise

Default Grand 5/6 itinerary change

I just went into the booking access of the Princess Website and noticed there was a change in itinerary for the 5/6 sailing; rather than Majahual, the ship is stopping in Calica Mexico. Was anyone else aware of this change, and do you know why? I've never heard of Calica; can anyone tell me anything about it? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:55 PM
rmcglumphy

Default Re: Grand 5/6 itinerary change

Our travel agent called a few days ago to let us know that she'd received a fax from Princess stating the dock in Majahaul had been damaged and that we'd be docking in Calica instead of Majahaul. Coworkers have told me Calica is near Cancun but I really don't have any more details. See you in a few days!
Old May 4th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Wannacruise

Thanks for the information! I was curious as to the last minute change.
Old May 4th, 2001, 03:23 PM
First Mate

Yo Wanna... Gonna... Cruise....

Calica is on the mainland across from Cozumel, just below Playa Del . Calica has a relatively new cruise ship dock that was built just a few years ago. We stopped there on our cruise on the Celebrity Mercury in 1999. There is an excellent eco-archaeological park called <font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+3 color=blue>Xcaret</font> <http://www.xcaretcancun.com/> right near by the dock. It's kinda like a Sea World type thing. We really enjoyed it. They have a swim with the dolphins encounter, beachs and swimming lagoons. There are other activities and shows. Sign up early if you want to do the dolphin encounter. Keep in mind, their time was an hour different from the ship's time.

They even have scuba dive operation that runs out of there. I had one of the best scuba dives that I ever had there.

I know that you'll have fun also. Check out their Website for more details.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+2 color=red>It's more than a cruise... It's duh LUUUUUV Boat!!</font>
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb/Caribbean.mid" volume=-500>
Old May 4th, 2001, 04:56 PM
First Mate

Default Majual Horseback trip sold out 6/3

any idea if this will effect the June 3rd cruise? Right now we tried to book the horeseback tour and were told via the internet they are wailisting people
>
Old May 4th, 2001, 05:31 PM
JENNIE

Default ITIN CHANGE

I contacted the Public Relations guy for the Port of Costa Maya which is the port near the city of Majahual, he told me that about 2 weeks ago a Regal cruise ship damaged the pier at Costa Maya. At this time they were trying to have tenders bring the people in from the other cruise ships. I am not sure if it was a minor or major damage to the pier. He did tell me everything around it is fine such as the shops, entertainment, beach etc. I did read a review that one lady who was on the Norway was suppose to go to Costa Maya and they went to Roatan Bay, Honduras instead because of the accident. We shall see what happens, I have been trying to see if there is a report about this but cant find it anywhere on the internet. I know Celebrity use to go to Calica. Have fun!

JENNIE
pritzadilla@hotmail.com
Old May 5th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Re: ITIN CHANGE

Hello....There are about 16 of us from this site going on the Grand May 20th. Many of us have excursions already booked and paid for with documentation for Costa Maya.(Majahual). I am not sure if the pier will be Ok by this time or if they will tender us in. From the previous posting for the cruisers of may 6th, it sounds like they will stop at a different location.

Does anyone know any other information about the status by May 20th, or should I have my travel agent contact Princess for an update.

Thanks

Dave
Old May 5th, 2001, 01:46 PM
First Mate

Dave,
I called Princess and they told be they will be stopping at Costa Maya.
They informed me that another dock would be used so don't worry. They also told it was bad weather that damaged the dock and not another cruiseship.
Mike
Old May 5th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Dave,

I'm a little confused by the fact that you indicated that you have "already paid for" excursions at Costa Maya since Princess charges excursions reserved in advance to one's on-board account. Have you "discovered" yet another good reason to book excursions through Princess rather than independently?

Norm.