Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Lynda

Default No Towels at Pool

I have read boards where people mentioned the negatives of a
Princess cruise, and one negative was they stated that no pool
towels were given out at the pool. Is this true, they said you
have to bring the towels in your cabin to the pool....

do we get extra pool towels in the cabin to use at the pools?
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: No Towels at Pool

That is correct. Your room steward will provide all the Pool/beach towels you need or want. Just ask in advance. When used, bring them back to your cabin and leave them on the floor of the bathroom for exchange. Wa La!. Also, if by the pool and you do require an additional towel, just go into the ladies or mens locker room at the Spa/Gym and there are usually more in that area. It is just another way of controlling costs and loss prevention.
Bon Voyage
Old May 7th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lynda,
We had no problems getting the towels we needed for the pool and shore excersions, they were always left there for us. If you need more, just be sure to ask and they will provide them, no problem.

Donnassei
Old May 7th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Lynda

Thank you, that isn't a problem bringing them to the pool, I just
hope my kids and my husband remember to bring them back to the
cabin!!

What happens if they don't??

Thanks!!
Old May 7th, 2001, 08:44 PM
susancruises

The only time you need to get the towel back to your cabin is after a shore excursion beach outing that is when they keep track of them. I never brought my towel back to the cabin after I took it up to the pool and every day I had a new one left for me. The funniest thing was on my recent Costa Cruise, they reminded us that we would be charged 20.00 for lost towels, repeatedly. They were big, really nice towels with Costa on them but it was in the bulletin, a note card with the towel, everywhere - over kill! :-)
Old May 8th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

They take your cabin away
Old May 8th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Don't worry if they are forgotten at the pool. Just try not to leave them on Princess Cays. I don't remember seeing any notices about a fine for not returning towels like they used to have posted. Again, I believe they are just trying to reduce shrink. Have a wonderful cruise.
Bon Voyage
Old May 8th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Lynda

Yes, we never leave towels on the islands but it is nice to know we don't have to carry wet soaked towels back to our cabin.

Thank you for your help everybody!!
Old May 9th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Lynda,

One additional note of clarification: the standard towels for use in your cabin are white. The pool/beach towels that you take with you to either place have blue and white stripes.

Also, I really hope that the suggestion that you should bring your towel back to your cabin from the pool is not unreasonable! There's no drop-off station for used towels in the pool area, and it would be rather thoughtless and inconsiserate of other passengers to leave a towel lying around on a chair or table that another passenger might want to use. The deck attendants might not realize that it's abandoned right away, so it could lie there for several hours.

Norm.
Old May 9th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Lynda

Thanks for telling me Norm, one would just assume there would be a place to put the wet dirty towels.

From what I am hearing, with this automatic tipping even when one chooses the traditional dining, and no towels at the pool, those are just two things that tell me Princess needs improvement.

I definately will make sure every one of us brings back the towels to the room so the room steward could replace them with fresh ones, I just don't want to worry when somebody just forgets (we have two children).

By the way, we never keep things on our chaise/chairs when we leave, its just not fair I say.