Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Cheryl5

Default Walkie Talkies

Do you think that the Sun Princess would allow us to bring and use our Walkie Talkies? Might they somehow interfere with their radio transmissions? Just how annoying do you think we would be with these? We will have a 10 year-old with us and would like to be able to find her...
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2001, 09:56 PM
Mike Mastellar

Default Re: Walkie Talkies

FRS (Family Radio Service) radio's are very common on cruise ships. The Motorola TalkAbout's are the most common. If it is one of these types of radios you will have no problem. You should not have a problem with any other type of walkie-talkie that does not require an FCC license.

Have a great cruise;
Mike
Monday Chat Host: 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Old May 7th, 2001, 10:53 PM
Kevin V.

I was on the Sea Princess (3/31-4/7), there were many families using walkie-talkies. The ones with enough range seemed to come in handy when some members of the family were tendering ashore and other members were trying to locate them. Seems like with the size of these boats, use of them makes sense.
Old May 8th, 2001, 12:48 AM
Elhare

Just got off the Sea Princess and they were renting walkie talkies for $4 a day. We used ours and I was amazed at the range. From Starboard Cabin forward 11th deck to 12th deck business center port side aft it was perfect. Also from the pursers desk 5th deck to our cabin also clear as a bell. We didn't use them very often but when we needed them they were very very handy.
Old May 8th, 2001, 06:09 PM
David Starkey

Great.........I wonder if these are the same people that carry cell phones everywhere ..... I know i want my vacation and dinner to be interupted by walkie talkie chatter and hear everyone elses business.......NOT......