Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Richdives

Default Grand Princess 6/17 - Grand Cayman

My wife, I and another couple will be on the Grand the week of the 17th. We appreciate so much the information you good people have shared with us on this board.

We need a little help planning our stop in Grand Cayman, however. Can anyone tell me if the semi-submersible trip runs in the morning or the afternoon, or both?

I want to dive while the rest of our group is on the semi-sub, and then we want to meet up to go to stingray city in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I am having a bit of a hard time finding out the times of the semi-sub and the sailing/stingray sandbar excursions.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Richdives
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Princess 6/17 - Grand Cayman

Rich, in Grand Cayman you will tender to shore.Ship tours will get off first. It is recommended that you go to Sting Ray City to swim with the Sting Rays in the morning as they are hungry. This said, I recommend you book your swim with the rays tour for first thing in morning with the ship or Capt. Marvin. As far as the sub, we did the Atlantis sub dive which went apx. 100 Ft. below sea level (apx. 30 people). It was great to see and the best place to dive after Australia. Contact Atlantis directly to check on time schedules or maybe someone who has been on the Western Caribbean itinerary with Princess lately will have the ship tour times to help you make your plans. Whatever you do have a wonderful time. Grand Cayman is beautiful.
Bon Voyage
Old May 8th, 2001, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Princess 6/17 - Grand Cayman

Richdives,

Most of the half-day or shorter tours have multiple departures. You will receive a full schedule in your information package containing the descriptions of the tours. Princess sends the package via your travel agent about 60 days before your cruise.

If you are looking at the cruise in the "semisubmersible craft" (which actually is a boat that does not sink at all, but which has a compartment below the waterline with windows in the hull), I recommend the "Sea and See" tour instead. The "Sea and See" tour combines the cruise in the "semisubmersible craft" with a land tour that visits both Hell and the world's only sea turtle farm, both of which are fascinating stops.

Norm.