Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2001, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Default Grand Princess Balconies Photo

I ran across this on the Web. There has been some discussion that I thought the photo might help clear up. I think no matter where you are, everyone is going to have a heck of a lot of fun. See you on 5/20.

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Grand Princess Balconies Photo

Hi Ed,
That was a nice shot of the balconies, thanks. We'll be on Golden for New YEars and have a balcony, can't wait!

Donnassei
Old May 8th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Julia

Ed, thanks for photo. It helps to visualize what the balconies will be like. We are also on Grand 5/20. There's a group from Cruise Critic Boards that is meeting on Sun 3:30 in Wheelhouse Bar. This has been posted on this site too, I believe. If you are interested in joining go to Cruise Critic Princess Board and go back a couple of pages to a post Jennie & 5/20. She's collecting names & where you are from etc. I think she has already heard from about 26 people, from all over!
Julia (from Memphis)
Old May 8th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Hi Ed....Thanks for the e-mail. We are one of the 26 or so people that will be on the Grand next weekend, May 20th. We are in a mini-suite on the Emerald deck, which I can see clearly by the photo you posted. The Emerald deck where all the mini-suites are located is right above the life boats.

As I had mentioned before to others, we're not totally thrilled about the balconies in the mini-suites on the Emerald deck because they are not private as Princess had indicated. They are more semi-private. The way the decks on Princess go back the higher you go, more people can view someone on the Emerald deck from above, better than any other deck, or at least it looks that way to me.

I guess it's not a big deal, but it is something to be aware of. We can't wait to get on that ship. Arriving a day prior to Fort Lauderdale. Let the fun begin and can't wait to meet everyone.

Dave
Old May 9th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Carole Dunham

We were on the Amsterdam a couple of months ago. The last night out, we followed Grand Princess for about an hour. All the great memories. Wish I could have helicoptered off the Amsterdam onto the Grand Princess. Great photo.

Carole
Old May 11th, 2001, 09:51 PM
First Mate

Personally, I'd rather be below and not look down on other people, and stuff. I'm looking forward to just seeing the sea...we'll see soon.....!
Old May 13th, 2001, 05:34 PM
mcathy

Thanks for the balcony shot. We are on the Golden in Oct. Will the layout be the same on Golden as the Grand with the balcony rooms. Thanks
Old May 13th, 2001, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Dave,

As I had mentioned before to others, we're not totally thrilled about the balconies in the mini-suites on the Emerald deck because they are not private as Princess had indicated. They are more semi-private.

Princess's advertisement of "private balconies" is absolutely correct. The adjective "private" means that a balcony is reserved for the use of the passengers on only one cabin -- as indeed the balconies aboard MV Grand Princess are. A "semiprivate" balcony would be shared by passengers in two cabins. These terms carry no implication whatsoever regarding the visibility of the area from other locations, either on or off of the vessel.

Norm.
Old May 13th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Ed,

The terraced balconies aboard MV Grand Princess don't extend very far beyond the balconies above them. You probably won't notice the balconies on lower decks unless you are standing at a balcony's rail.

Norm.
Old May 13th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Admiral

mcathy,

Will the layout be the same on Golden as the Grand with the balcony rooms.

Yes, both vessels have the same basic layout.

Norm.
Old May 14th, 2001, 07:37 AM
First Mate

Here is another photo I just saw yesterday. All these look fun to me. It looks like the partitions have a door that opens if you want to party with your neighbor? I can't wait, only 6 more days! My wife is really excited about the mini-suite, I will post a review when we get back.

Old May 15th, 2001, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Ed,

The stewards can open the partitions upon request of both parties. They are not doors.

Norm.
Old May 18th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Wild Bill

It is my understanding that the mini-suites on Emerald deck are the only ones that are covered and that these stateroom are on the same level as the life boats not the level above them.