Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2001, 07:51 PM
jtbaumgartner

Default Express Check-in?

I just received our final documents for our 19 May Alaska cruise on the Sea Princess. They have the Express Check-in sticker on the folder. The coupons contain the info I inputted to the web site. (I also mailed the pre-cruise docs to Princess. Plus, I only booked the cruise about 3 1/2 weeks ago, so it seems to contradict the news release requiring pre-cruise info sent to Princess 40 days prior to sailing. By the way, this isn't a complaint by any stretch.

My question is, has anyone used the express check-in, and if so, how did it work?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2001, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Express Check-in?

jtbaumgartner,

I doubt that very many people have used Princess's express check-in as yet because it's brand new. It should expedite check-in considerably, though.

Norm.
Old May 11th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Passenger

I'll bet your right Norm. After reading the posters on this and one other sites, it begins to feel like Princess Trys this stuff out as a surprise, and then announces.

I reckon I'll have a good answer for everyone in about 7 days. Thanks for the reply.
Old May 12th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Mary Lou

This sounds like a great idea to me. Can't wait to give it a try when we sail on Golden in December. Have a great cruise and be sure to tell us all about it when you return.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old May 13th, 2001, 11:40 PM
Admiral

Everybody,

BTW, there's a press release dated 30 April 2001 about Princess's new expedited boarding process (http://www.princess.com/newsroom/article398.html) on the Princess web site (http://www.princess.com). Apparently all you have to do is present your credit card for an imprint, show your passport, and sign to open your on-board account before boarding if you have the magic sticker on your ticket booklet.

Norm.
Old May 14th, 2001, 11:37 AM
First Mate

Apparently, I was unknowing a test case since that is all that we had to do as we boarded the Grand on April 8th. And we didn't even have any magic stickers. <grins>

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old May 14th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Passenger

5 days to go, then I'll know for sure, maybe. Hope the cruise lasts as long as the last week, it'll be like an around the world cruise.
Old May 17th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Admiral

MacT and others, that is exactly what we did too in March. All of our info was pre-input. As mentioned even back then, it was the quickest embarkation to date. Our embarkation desk had no line at the very beginning of check in for the Grand, only two people who were being helped already were before us.

Bon Voyage
Old May 20th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just got back. It worked great. We were amongst the first fifty on board
Old May 20th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Cruzman

We recieved our tickes on Friday. No express checkin stickers. So we called princess today and they said that everything was in order and that we could ckeck in through the express system. The reason for no stickers was that we had not compleated the forms 60 days and prior.
Old May 21st, 2001, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Cruzman,

I guess that is the situation with us too. We don't have the express sticker but we completed everything online a long long time ago. We still don't have a cabin assignment either. Did you just call 1-800-Princess? I think that I might call them and check also. When are you sailing?