Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2001, 05:38 PM
keechi

Default Storage on Sun Class Ships

We are scheduled on the Ocean Princess Voyage of the Glaciers May 28. I have realized as I begin packing that I'm planning to take a lot of stuff - we are doing a seven day tour of Alaska prior to the cruise. Therefore, how much storage can I really expect? Are there places to store luggage after unpacking? Also, what about bathroom space? Are there counter tops or just a pedestal sink? Any help seasoned travellers could provide would be a big help! I don't want to spend my whole vacation doing the laundry.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Storage on Sun Class Ships

Hi Keechi,
There is plenty of storage space on board these ships. We cruised on Ocean and had not problem. There is a little shelf in the hall which old a small bag and the luggage fit nicely under the bed. If for some reason, yours doesn't, just let the cabin attendant know and he/she will store it for you. There is also room in the bathroom to put all kind of things, think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Have fun in Alaska, make sure to bring plenty of film, hear the scenery is wonderful!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 13th, 2001, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Storage on Sun Class Ships

keechi,

Donna is right. The cabins in these vessels are very efficient, and they have plenty of storage. As Donna noted, standard suitcases will roll or slide under the beds with plenty of clearance. In addition to the closets with hanging and shelf storage, there's a vanity/desk unit that has six drawers and a nightstand/bureau unit with additional drawer storage.

The sink in the head (there's no such thing as a "bathroom" aboard ship) of each standard cabin has a full vanity (countertop) with storage below, three storage shelves on the bulkhead (no, it's not a "wall" either) next to it, there are plenty of towel racks, and the separate shower stall is big enough for its intended purpose (I have used smaller shower stalls ashore).

Have a wonderful cruise-tour!

Norm.