Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default swim with the dolphins

My family and I were hoping to swim with the dolphins on our carabean cruise on the Grand. We did not see that option on the Princess excursions. Are there excursions available to swim with Dolphins on St. Thomas or St. Martin?
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2001, 11:10 AM
aladyncal

Default Re: swim with the dolphins

That excursion is in Nassau and some Western Caribbean ports (Mexico). I've never seen it available at St. Thomas or St. Martin.
Old May 22nd, 2001, 12:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife & I have been to 18 islands in the Caribbean. My wife did Dolphin discovery in Cozumel Mexico. It cost $120.00 pp and was the thrill of a lifetime for her. Imagine two 500 lb. dolphins pushing you through the water in an upright position! The Nassau dolphin thing from what I'm told costs $140.00 pp and is basically the same. Beware! the dolphin thing in Cozumel recently stated offering two different encounters. The swim with dolphins and a less expensive one where you do very little interacting with the dolphins. I would do one of two things. Post your message on cruisecritics.com. There are some veterans there that can point you in the right direction and even give you the web address to book the dolphin thing direct. The other thing you can do id try punching in Dolphindiscovery.com and see if a nassau site comes up. What ever you do, try this. We have videos of my wife with the dolphins and we play them constantly. In my mind, it's the most memorable experience I've had and I only watched my wife from the dock!!!
Good luck and enjoy your cruise!
Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Try " The dolphin Experience Grand Bahamas .com" They have most of the info you need and you can contact them or book your encounter. These things book up fast so try to do it ahead of time. Of all the islands I've been to I only know of Mexico and the Bahamas that has Dolphin encounters in the Caribbean.
Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Al