Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:07 PM
Paul Powers

Default Costa Maya dock

Several earlier messages have raised concerns about reports of damage to the dock at Marajual...and whether this would prevent ships from visiting there.

Since our 6/3 cruise on Grand Princess is fast approaching, I tried to get an answer about the Costa Maya situation by emailing them. For what it's worth, here is their response...

"A ship named Regal Empress hit the pier a few weeks ago. Repairs are
underway> However we are receiving all cruise ships at this point in
tenders. Everything else is working perfectly ( tours, shopping, beach club,
handicraft market, folkloric entertainment etc) It depends on the politics
of the cruise lines if the will be calling or not. Right now the grand is
schedule to come. Please request further info to the cruise line."

Has anyone had any personal experience with this situation?
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2001, 12:32 AM
Cruzman

Default Re: Costa Maya dock

We also are on the 6-3-01 sailing of the Grand. I saw last week on the web cam that the Grand went to the caymens then couzmel then Plya De Carmen. I called princess today and the receptionist knew nothing of the problem. She stated that we would be docking in costa maya and their are no problmes?! Basickly she gave me the legal statment and tryed to change the subject. So unfortunatly we will not know if we are going to Costa Maya untill 6/7. BTW there is a group of persons from here meeting at 3:30 in Skywalkers on the sailing day, we would love to have you join us. Unitll then BONVOYAGE!!
Old May 24th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Lael

I just checked the Bridge Cam for the Grand this morning and it says they are in Cozumel this morning and it is scheduled to be in Costa Maya today. I am also in the 6/3 sailing! Let's check the cam tomorrow and see where it ends up. Looking forward to meeting all my "cruisemates" in the Skywalkers lougne!

Happy sailing everyone!
Old May 27th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Hi Paul....Just got back from the Grand today, May 27th, and we did not dock at Costa Maya. They ended up going to Play del Carmen, which isn't far from Cozomel. We really didn't like it, but had no choice. No one really knows for sure when Costa Maya will resume. It doesn't appear Princess knows either until the ship sets sail and then they make a weekly decision.

Dave
Old May 27th, 2001, 11:55 PM
JENNIE

I was on the same cruise as Dave. We did not like Playa del Carmen either-it was a tad bit on the shady/seedy side. It was a safe place if you walked on the main streets but that was all there was to do there if u did not take a tour-just shopping. We did not take a tour cause we did not want to see the ruins and it rained ALOT on most of cruise especially that day we were in Playa del Carmen.

I agree with Dave, I think Costa Maya is on a week to week basis. I found out we were going to Playa del Carmen the night before we left to go on the cruise. I called Princess to double check the itin cause I had a feeling we were not going to Costa Maya. We did get a flyer on Costa Maya with info on it. Does not look like there was alot of things there. They have no tennis courts, no post office, no pay phones and some other stuff that I forget. I think the faclities are so new that they are still adding stuff there.