Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Renting a Tux and Dinner Jacket

Dear Fellow Cruisers,
I'm booked on the Royal Princess for the British Isles itinerary and I anticipate 3 formal nights. We are going over early and staying in GB for 3 days post cruise. I have a Tux but I sure would like to lighten the load a bit, wheels or no wheels as we will be doing some luggage handling before and after the cruise. I have thought about renting all my formal gear from Princess or whoever handles this service for them. It seems like a good luggage lightening idea as my formal shoes alone take up about half a carry on. ! I'm looking for advice from those of you who have rented a tux from Princess in the past.
Thanks and good cruising,
Bop
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Laura I.

Default Re: Renting a Tux and Dinner Jacket

Don't have any advise...my husband will be wearing a dark suit, but I had a dream last night that he rented a tux from the cruise line....in my dream it was great - saved tons of room and weight and I think I read somewhere that you get a couple different things to wear (vest, cumberbund) so you can change up the look. We're sailing 6/3 on the Grand, so it's probably too late to rent the tux, but it must be in the subconscience of my mind!
Old May 25th, 2001, 12:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I rented a tux a couple of years back for our cruise on the Grand. The rental information came with the cruise docs, I faxed in sizes, and it was waiting in the cabin when we got to the ship. Fit was fine, and it worked out well.
Think the cost was $85 for the tux, 2 shirts and slacks, or $115 if u wanted the white dinner jacket included.
Hope thats of some help!
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 25th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Kuki,
I figured you had "been there, done that". I think I'm going to go with the rental deal. Being somewhat "conservative", (my wife says "tight") I have figured out a way to pay for the tux/dinner jacket rental. I don't have a dinner jacket but I will wear the rental on the last night of the cruise. I am going to have a gold name tag made up with "Anthony Soprano" on it and stand near the door to the dining room. I figure I'll get more than enough in tips to pay for the jacket! !
Take care and good cruising.
TTFN,
Bop
Old May 25th, 2001, 08:16 PM
Yeoman

Hello,

We just returned from our wonderful trip on the Ocean Princess! My husband rented the "black and white" combo package for our trip. It worked out very well. Everything was in our stateroom when we arrived. Make sure you try everything on asap so that if there are any mistakes you can get them corrected before they run out of suits. My husband didn't want to carry around his suit or shoes in a suitcase either, so I think it will be a good idea for you.

Bon Voyage!