Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Shar

Default Cruise Discounts?

Could you please suggest places to look to see if a cruise has been discounted? I have a cruise-intensive TA, but their operation is a 3 man deal. Since I can't depend on them having the time to check, I'd appreciate any suggestions for web sites that I can monitor. I'm going on Dawn Princess on September 8th to Alaska. This time we splurged on a mini and would sure appreciate any price break. Thanks!
Shar
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise Discounts?

Shar,

I often look at American Way Cruise Vacations (http://www.amcv.com) but there are many discounters with web sites that you can find throuh Yahoo's travel section (http://www.yahoo.com, then click on the link for "Travel" followed by the link for "Cruises" on the "Travel" page).

Additionally, Princess sends out notices of discounts via e-mail quite regularly. You can register to receive these messages at Princess's web site (http://www.princess.com).

Norm.
Old May 27th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Passenger

Hi Norm,

Can you please tell me what to click on when I reach Princess cruise line for E-Mail notifications on discounts.
Thanks Peggy
Old May 27th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Shar

Thanks, Norma!!
Old May 27th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Peggy,

If a separate window advertising e-mail notification of discounts does not appear when you enter the Princess web site (http://www.princess.com), back out of the Princess web site (using the "back" button on your browser), delete the "cookies" from the directory containing your "Temporary Internet Files," and go back into the web site. The window advertising e-mail notification of discounts should appear.

Norm.
Old May 27th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Shar,

You're welcome!

Norm.
Old May 29th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Nancy Reid

We recently returned from a Princess Cruise. The Cruise Director told us to always call Princess in LA about two months before you plan to sail and ask if there are any discounts. She said if the ship isn't full that they often have some discounts but that you must be willing to take the stateroom they offer and it might not be what you had booked. The number is 1 800 Princess
Old June 1st, 2001, 05:53 PM
Shar

Thanks, Nancy!!!!!