Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Default fort lauderdale airports

i see that there are two airports in fort lauderdale a fort lauderdale/hollywood and a fort lauderdale executive airport. which one do you fly into for a cruise ship? i want to stay in a hotel in fort lauderdale but wanted to make sure i can get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel .
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2001, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: fort lauderdale airports

The airport you want is FLL (fort lauderdale/hollywood). Some hotels that provide free shuttles to airport and pier include Embassy Suites, Comfort inn and Amerisuites on 17th Street.
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Passenger

thanks! i appreciate it
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Anivory

We flew to the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood on Saturday, May 26th, stayed at the Embassy Suites for the night. They had a shuttle
to come to the airport (included in the stay at hotel). They also take you to the cruise ship. Will pick you up from the
cruise pier if you stay with them on the return trip.

We booked an after cruise tour of Ft. Lauderdale and we were
dropped off at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport after the cruise. We called Embassy suites from the airport and they sent a shuttle promptly for us. The call is free look for the curtesy phone
near baggage pickup.

Embassy Suites is a nice hotel and they have a really good
buffet (made to order eggs) and anything else you can think
of.

Have a nice cruise!
Old June 8th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Admiral

We also flew in on May 26th, to the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport and stayed at the Spring Hill Suites. They have a courtesy phone in the airport with the hotels listed and you just ring them up and the van is over to pick you up shortly. The hotel was very nice with a pool, hot tub, free continental breakfast and shuttle service to the port. They were also willing to shuttle us out to dinner that night too, but we opted to walk over to the T.G.I. Fridays about 1/2 mile away--just to get some exercise. There were 22 in our party so we did take 2 cabs to the port, along with the shuttle, just because we were too anxious to wait--no one wanted to be left behind. I think it was $18.00 for the taxi to the port, for 4 people and a ton of luggage. We had 4 in a room, although they do sleep 6, for $79.00. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.
Old June 10th, 2001, 11:40 PM
Admiral

Cole,

All of the scheduled commercial flights go into Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL). The Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is strictly for private and corporate aircraft, though charters might land there occasionally.

Norm.