Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2001, 11:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default fort lauderdale hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Fort Lauderdale. We are planning to stay there for a few days prior to our cruise and we wanted to stay on the beach. Any comments about this hotel would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2001, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: fort lauderdale hotels

Ray my family has reservations there after our 6/24 cruise returns. Our travel agent said he has stayed there before and he recommended it. I did read comments on this board that it was very dated looking from the outside. Our agent said it was on the beach and within walking distance of good restaurants. I can only hope.
Old June 11th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

I believe there is another hotel next door called Yankee Trader. Any comments on this one. Toni, if you could you let me what you think of these two hotels when you get back, I'd really appreciate it.
Old June 12th, 2001, 12:16 AM
Passenger

Hi, We stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader April 28 before our April 29 sailing on the Grand Princess. This was a very nice hotel. It is right across the street from the beach and there is even an overhead walkway so you don't have to deal with the traffic. Our room was great with a king bed and an big ocean view window.( They don't have balconies on the rooms at this hotel) I picked this hotel because it was by the ocean and because it is a short walk to 'Beach Place' an area with restaurants and shops like Sloppy Joes Cafe and Howl at the moon, which are both great fun. We paid about $150 or so for the night and it included breakfast at Shulas in the morning. Hope this helps.
Old June 12th, 2001, 08:53 AM
LindaS

Hi,
We stayed at the Yankee Clipper a few times and really liked it. Yes it is a bit older than some of the other hotels in the area but it is maintained beautifuly. Clean and comfortable. There is an out door pool as well as an indoor one as well as restaurants. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again given the opportunity.
Linda
Old June 12th, 2001, 11:57 PM
Passenger

ray -- wouldn't recommend those hotels. they are run down and not very nice. if you can get the AAA rates at the Marriott Harbor Beach, i am positive you will be most impressed and they have an amazing private beach. i think you get what you pay for personally. have a great time.
Old June 13th, 2001, 03:11 AM
John&Kelly

WE are heading for Wyndam Resort the day before our Grand Princess cruise. Has anyone stayed there? How is it? How far from the port terminal? THANKS in advance for any thoughts-opinions!
Old June 13th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Admiral

I have made reservations at the Holiday Inn - Ft. Lauderdale (on the beach). Has anyone been there?

Also we're going the weekend before Thanksgiving and the hotels are already sold out - is something happening in Ft. Lauderdale at that time, or is this just kids on school break???

Thanks!
Old June 13th, 2001, 03:24 PM
dandan

Default Re: fort lauderdale hotels-KAREN

Is that the one on Sunrise Blvd and A1A?
Old June 16th, 2001, 05:46 AM
Admiral

You got it - what do you think?
Old June 18th, 2001, 01:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruiseaddict

karen

Holiday Inn is a good choice. You' re right on the Ft lauderdale strip and VERY close to one of the nicest malls around. Any other questions feel free to ask, I live about 15 min from there.
Old June 20th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Thank you for the info! Are there any restaurants you would recommend within walking distance of the Holiday Inn??
Old July 2nd, 2001, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ray, My family and I stayed at the Yankee Clipper last night. The hotel is dated and the service at the front desk was not very good. However we got a great rate on priceline ($49. per room) and we were very please for the cost.
Old July 4th, 2001, 12:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Toni,
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming the rooms at the hotel were okay and that for the price, you would stay at that hotel again?

Hope you had a great cruise.