Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2001, 05:19 PM
Gen

Default Bringing on board our own "bottle"?

We are leaving Sat. 6/23 for Alaska on Dawn Princess. Was wondering if we can carry on our own "booze". Last year on our Baltic cruise we bought it at the airport in London in the duty free shop.

We'll be arriving in Vancover, can we buy something there in the duty free shop? Or better to bring it from home?
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2001, 07:02 AM
LindaS

Default Re: Bringing on board our own "bottle"?

Hi,
All Princess ships allow you to take on whatever booze you choose. For dinner wines they will open and serve (for a small corkage fee) for your convenience. Enjoy. If you decide to bring it from home rather than purchase something in the duty free shops be careful when you pack. You would hate to get a red wine stain on that important white tuxedo shirt!!!
Linda
Old June 22nd, 2001, 09:38 AM
Admiral

You can carry on what you like to drink. The Canadian dollar is valued almost half the US dollars so purchasing in Vancouver may be more economical, but they may not have the brands or choice you could bring from home.
Bbon Voyage
Old June 22nd, 2001, 10:28 AM
Talliho

I second the advice to be careful when packing; I'm a gin and tonic drinker so I put my gin into a plastic tonic bottle when I pack it and as soon as I get in the room ask for a 6 pack of tonic from room service or my cabin steward. You'll have a fridge in your room on Princess to keep a couple bottles of tonic cold. I was in Vancouver in March and while the prices seem high remember the exchange rate and then the price looks great. Enjoy your cruise!
Old June 23rd, 2001, 11:42 AM
Oski

What kind of tonic did you get? Swchepps, I hope?