Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default Dinning Times - Grand

Hello,

I am cruising on the grand in Early Nov and am not sure what Dinning time I want: Early or Late. I do know that I would like the traditional settings. I am basically a first time cruiser (except for one cruise when I was 7 years old).

My main question is that I heard that if you have the late seating, you often are missing the evening entertainment on the Grand. But if I choose the early option on days at port, I have to rush back to the ship and loose time off ship.

Can anybody give me adivce and their experiance on this small dilemma? Thank you.

Rich
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Dinning Times - Grand

We sailed the Grand in March on basically the same itinerary. We choose traditional late seating. The time is 8:30 and shows are usually at 10:30 or 10:45 p.m. or before diner at 7:30. The only special evening events that we missed due to overcrowding (you have no control over the personal choice diners and what time they choose to attend a show) was for the Hypnotist/Comedian and Pub Night. Those popular shows were held in the Vista lounge which does not accommodate as many people as the theater. Our servers were very slow and we often were one of the last to exit the dining room. On the nights of these presentations, just let your server know you want to be out of the dining room by 10 p.m. and skip desert if necessary. Breakfast & lunch in the Davinci dining room is open seating.
Bon Voyage