Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Oski

Default My Visa Card given to Princess compromised

Right after the cruise I started noticing unauthorized charges, one in the Bahamas. Since I used the card only once on the trip, in Grand Cayman, I couldn't quite figure this out.Now yesterday my sister called to tell me the same thing is happening on her card. she never used her card at all on the trip and only gave it to Princess for the on board account. She did not register through the internet. I did. am checking with other friends to see if they are having problems. we were on the 6/3 Grand Cruise. Maybe somebody got into the Princess data base.

I would sugest that anyone on that cruise should call their credit card company and check the last 10 charges. something real strange is going on here.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Lynda

Default Re: My Visa Card given to Princess compromised

Thank you very much! I registered my card and traveling on the Grand on July 15th, I better check mine, keep us posted and so will I.
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Carole Dunham

Sounds like they have at least one dishonest emplyee at check-in. Have you reported this to Princess yet? I think they need to know.

Carole
Old June 29th, 2001, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Oski,

Please report this to Princess as Carole suggested. From your description, it sounds like it's somebody aboard the ship. As a matter of policy, Princess will dismiss any employee who's proven to be involved in such a scam on the spot.

Norm.
Old June 30th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Oski

I have notified Princess as well as all three credit bureaus. If they have my social secuirty number they can apply for more cards in my name.we wrote letters to Princess per our travel agent. Haven't heard of anyone else yet.I wonder if this has ever happened before on a cruise line?
Old July 5th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Unfortunately when you write to Princess, it goes to their Customer Relations Dept with all the other mail. They do answer back but months later.

Call 1-800-PRINCESS, push 1, ask for my galfriend there KATHY SANCHEZ & tell her what happened. She will get you taken care of TODAY!!!!! She is wonderful at getting stuff corrected.