Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Default precruise hotel

We will be staying at the Marriott Harbor beach resort the friday before our cruise on saturday. We also arranged the air and transfers thru princess. how does it work now? they still meet you at the airport, bring you to the hotel, and then pick you up the next morning at the hotel? does that mean you have to claim your luggage or do they?
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: precruise hotel

I would put my Princess tags on the luggage after you land in Ft. Lauderdale. Keep a carryon with you with a bathing suit, clothes you will wear the next morning when you board the ship and your toilet articles. Your big luggage will be taken to the pier and safely stored overnight, then loaded onto the ship. You will be delivered to your hotel (which, BTW, is getting rave reviews) and you will be transferred to the ship the next day. Have a wonderful cruise.

Carole
Old June 27th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Cole - if you haven't stayed at the Harbor Beach before, you're going to love it!! Have a great cruise!!

MarieA
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

HI Cole....My wife and I sailed on the Grand Princess May 20th and stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott on Saturday, which was the day before our cruise. Before I get into the details, let me just say that this hotel is just magnificant!!! You will just love it.

Anyway...When you arrive at the Fort Lauderdale Airport, you will be greeted by a Princess represetative. You will then proceed to the baggage claim area which is downstairs at the airport. DO NOT PUT THE PRINCESS LUGGAGE TAGS THEY GAVE YOU ON YOUR LUGGAGE UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE HOTEL THE MORNING OF THE CRUISE. When you arrive at the baggage claim area, you will grab your own bags, then wait a few minutes before boarding a bus that takes you right to the Harbor Beach. Your bags that you claim at the baggage area, you take right with you onto the bus and right to your hotel room. You do not give them to anyone at this point, so a carry-on is NOT necessary at this point. The next morning, put your Princess tags on your bags and go downstairs to the lobby about 10:45-11-AM. A Princess representative will be downstairs and will finish taking care of your documents and immigrations stufff and will also give you your cruise cards. This saves you so much time, so when you arrive at the port, all you do is walk on the ship. After she gives you your cruise stuff, you will board the bus to the port. Before you board the bus, the hotel staff will take your luggage and put it on the bus and thats the end of it until it arrives at your room. We got our luggage about 4-PM.

As far as the hotel is concerned, it may be a bit expensive, but to us, well worth it. They have a Private beach area, an amazing pool set-up with hundreds of bathing chairs, palm trees, an outside food bar and a regular drinking bar with Caribbean and Calypso music playing. It just makes your mind think of nothing else but having fun. Also next to the pool is a tennis and basketball court.

Hopefully this helps you out. If you need anymore info before you leave, just let me know.

Dave
Old June 28th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Passenger

thanks dave, i really appreciate your reply! I think i got it now!
Old June 28th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Passenger

Carole, thanks for the info. i heard something different from Dave. he also replied to my message. he said not the put the tags on until the morning we leave the hotel and that we claim our bags at the airport! i think i'm confused now! ha ha
Old June 28th, 2001, 01:08 PM
CGBanks

Dave,

Wonderful instructions! We are sailing in December and are coming in a day early. This sure answered a lot of my questions. We will be staying at the new Renaissance. Anyone stayed there or know anything about it?

Cindy