Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2001, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Default Princess Stockholder Perks

I have been thinking of picking up some Princess stock (POC). I understand a little risky right now but am sold on the long term prospects for this Company. For those Princess stockholders out there, are there any perks given when you cruise? Thanks in advance for your replies. By the way cruising next March, 10 day on Ocean Princess. Can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess Stockholder Perks

Ron,

I have been very bullish on P&O Princess Cruises Plc., the parent company of Princess cruises, for some time. I see little risk -- but then I invest for Warren Buffet's favorite holding period, which is "forever" -- and a lot of upside potential.

If you make the fact that you're a stockholder known to the purser, it might get you an invite to dinner at the Captain's Table -- but I have not tried this. I'm not aware of any other perks.

BTW, you should be aware that the actual ("ordinary") shares of P&O Princess Cruises Plc. trade only on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol POC. The company also listed shares of an "American Depository Receipt" (ADR) that represents four (4) ordianry shares on the New York Stock Exchange under the same symbol. Since the ADR trustee automatically buys ordinary shares and sells ADR shares whenever the ADR price drops below the equivalent price and vice versa, the two issues should track each other. Dividends pass through the ADR trust to the holders of the ADR shares. The only significant difference is that the ADR shares do not carry voting rights.

If you decide to invest in the ordinary shares rather than the ADR, you also should be aware that the standard unit ("round lot") is one thousand (1000) shares on the British markets rather than the round lot of one hundred (100) shares of most American stocks.

Norm.