Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Hazel

Default Pacific Princess

I keep reading all the comments about the Princess cruise ships - some flack and some flattery, but I have yet to read any comments from people who have sailed on the Pacific Princess. Anybody out there with whom I can chat?
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2001, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Pacific Princess

Have sailed on the Pacific Princess two times, August 1999 and July 2000, any specific questions?

Please feel free (or post here) to email me at CruiseAholic@Hotmail.com
Old July 7th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Hazel

Thank you CruiseAholic for answering so quickly. I guess I really want to know everything. Good food? Nice Staff? Clean ship? How does it compare to other ships you may have sailed. If you sailed twice on the same ship, you probably like it a lot. I think I may have sailed on the Pacific (names and companies shange so often), when it was the Sea Venture out of New York back in the early seventies. Can you enlighten me on that? Thanks for any info you can give me. Also, anything you particularly liked/disliked about the Pacific Princess? Thanks again.
Old July 9th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Can't say that there is anything I didn't like about the Pacific Princess. The food was outstanding as was the service, staff were friendly and accomodating and the ship kept in tip-top shape, constantly doing something to her. Get your picture taken by the staircase, 'shades' of the Love Boat.
Old July 21st, 2001, 09:39 PM
Babette

The PP is the former Sea Venture.

Hazel, in my estimation the PP delivers a cruise experience which cannot be replicated by any other mass market cruise ship in the industry. The staff and crew are wonderful. Food - fabulous.....

She may not have all the glitzy bells and whistles.... but she sure delivers a wonderful cruise experience. If I had the time this summer, I'd go back to Bermuda in a heartbeat.
Old September 4th, 2001, 05:38 PM
mabes57

Hi Hazel,

I was on the Love Boat about a month ago with my family. It was our first cruise and it was wonderful! I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed that it was the ONLY ship we could go on because it was the only one that fit our schedule & our budget. There were 10 of us ranging in ages from 8 to 70 and we had to plan around school schedules so the kids could join us to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday. But I was pleasantly surprised.
The small-sized ship offered alot of opportunities to get to know other passengers and we bumped into several of the performers so we got a chance to talk to them as well. It was really great! The cruise staff was amazing. The cruise director, Chris Nichol, is really fabulous--a man of many talents, he could sing, he could dance, he could tell really bad jokes... And it was amazing how well the dancers managed on the small stage. If you got to the Carousel Lounge early, you could be seated so close that you can reach out & touch the performers!

Of course our friends told us about the astronomical amounts of food served on a cruise and we weren't disappointed. The wait staff was very attentive and got to know our likes & dislikes very quickly. We went to the first seating which was good because it gave us plenty of time to digest our dinner and still go for the midnight buffet. The kids often even went to the buffet on the Lido Deck after the sit down meal, just to see what was being served...but of course they managed to eat something while they were there!

I could go on and on. I am definitely hooked on cruising. And the terrific all-around service on the Pacific Princess will make me want to try the other ships on the Princess Line before trying her competitors.

Cheers, Mabes57