Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2001, 09:50 AM
dmk

Default First time cruiser

I have logged onto the Princess cruise site to find out the price of cruises but for the life of me I can't bring up the prices. I feel so foolish . HELP!

DMK
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Talliho

Default Re: First time cruiser

Unfortunately, Princess is not currently (as far as I know) posting prices of cruises, other than under their "specials" heading. They are quite committed to TAs in this regard. I also sail HAL and Celebrity and they do post prices, should you want an idea of comparison. Just call your TA for any Princess offering you think you might like; I'm also in favor of TAs even though I do check the websites for an idea of prices. I think TAs are valuable for a lot of other details and because they do hear of deals or good prices in general, and believe some of the great upgrades I've gotten are at least in part due to using a cruise only agency. Good luck!
Old July 17th, 2001, 01:18 PM
mcathy

You can try travelocity.com or a new one called orbitz.com I really like this site it is easy to get a round on.

Happy hunting Cathy
Old July 17th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Yes2cruising

On the left side of the Cruise Mates page is a icon "Book a Cruise" click on it and then from there you can narrow down pricing to Princess and so on. This will give you an idea of prices.
Old July 17th, 2001, 04:04 PM
poocher

Hi, first timer too! I found a pretty helpful site for checking cruise prices to be www.cruiserewards.com. I was able to compare several cruises there. Now don't know how accurate these prices are but at least they gave me an idea.

Hope this helps

Pooch the reluctant cruiser
Old July 17th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Talliho

Aw, "Pooch", don't be reluctant! You're going to love it! I took my first in 1994 and have been doing at least 1 - 2 per year since. Have a great time!
Old July 19th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would check travelocity, because that way you can compare easily. The only problem is that the cabin selection is limited. Also, if you go to the site one day, but then decide to buy several days later you aren't likely to have the same choice in cabins. They seem to change frequently. Unfortunately, I found that cruising isn't quite up to speed with the internet, it seems much easier to use a travel agent. I ended up using one, and got a much better cabin for a much better price than I was able to find on the internet when all was said and done.

Good Luck!