Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Greg Sutton

Default Crown Princess - New England/Canada

I am going on the Crown Princess to New England/Halifax/Canada on October 9th. Any ideas what the weather will be like during this time of the year. How is the foilage color?
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Marie
Default Re: Crown Princess - New England/Canada

Hi, I did this cruise in 1998 on Royal Princess and loved it. My trip was a little later in October and we almost missed the colors, so yours should be great. Loved the ports, Halifax and Quebec City were great, also liked the others (Boston, Newport, St. John, Montreal, I think I forgot!). have a great time!

Marie
Old July 20th, 2001, 11:42 PM
susancruzs

Doing the Royal Princess New England cruise in September so I'll let you know how it is and how far along the colors are! I haven't done this cruise yet so I am really looking forward to it! Should be really great, I think! Enjoy! Sue
Old July 24th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Hank Mundie

We did this cruise last year from Sept 7 to 17. The guides said we were about three weeks too early for the colors. The weather was very cool north and warmer as we came south. We sailed from Montreal to New York. I don't think you will need many shorts.
Old July 26th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Linder

Expect the weather to be in th 60's during the day and a bit cooler at night. This is a wonderful cruise, and the foliage should be great this year!
Old July 28th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did this cruise 11 years ago and loved it, that is why we are doing it again, only this time on Princess. I understand RCL and Princess both are almost sold out for this date, but Sept. 29 still has cabins left so I am hoping we are sailing at the right time. Each year can be different, but I think Oct. 9th. should be just about right. Maybe we will see you on the Crown.
Old July 29th, 2001, 12:35 AM
Admiral

Greg,

Here in the Northeast, weather conditions can be highly variable. "Normal" temperatures for southern New England in the middle of October would have highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's -- but highs in the 80's or the 40's and lows in the 60's or the 20's would be within the normal range of variation. Expect that tempeartures will be 10-20 degrees cooler up north (for example, around the St. Lawrence River and Saguenay Fjord).

I highly recommend bringing a winter jacket and some sweatshirts or sweaters for cooler weather, and also a couple pairs of shorts in case you encounter weather that's on the warm side.

At the time of your trip, you probably will find peak foliage around Boston and Portland, Maine. The foliage up north probably will be a bit past its peak, while you probably will be a bit early for the peak foliage along the southern coast of New England and on Cape Cod. Nonetheless, these areas still should be fairly colorful.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on a Princess cruise to Canada in late October a few years ago and it was cold and rainy. The later in October you go, the more risk you take with the weather. We are on the September 15 Crown to NE/Canada this year for obvious reasons. It is the first of the season.

Grand Princess 2-2001
Grand Princess 12-2001
Carnival Paradise 3-2002
Carnival Destiny 10-2002
Golden Princess 10-2003
Carnival Legend 6-8-2004
Golden Princess 10-22-2005
Crown Princess 10-27-2006
Crown Princess 9-15-2007
Caribbean Princess 5-2-2010