Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2001, 10:32 AM
Rochelle

Default When Princess ship fails to be available

What compensation will Princess give to a passenger when the ship is not available at time of sailing? Being a first class worrier I am begining to become concerned that the ship I am considering (Star) might not be ready due to difficulties of a fire.

Princess and my TA said the ship is still scheduled to be on time, however a poster on another board gave me cause for worry stating the Grand was late, they were only offered a 25% voucher for a future cruise and were given ony 6 days notice of the situation.

I had been lead to believe that when Princess does that they not only refund the money (well of course, they should give interest as well) but they give a free cruise..now that sounded good..maybe too good but I was lead to believe that was the Princess Line policy.

If they only give you a discount voucher..is it for the price you can get it for(disoucnt travel agents) then you turn over the voucher..or is for their rack rate, which is silly too many disocunts around exceeding the 25%. Should they not be held to the same forfit standard of penelty as the cruiser when they cancel well should and do are very different

Anyone have first hand experience with this situation.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2001, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: When Princess ship fails to be available

Rochelle, I was booked on the Disney Magic and the ship was not complete in time for my sailing. We rebooked with a 25% discount. I think it was off the brochure rate.
We upgrade to a one bedroom suite and ended up paying more than the original price.
Toni
Old July 22nd, 2001, 07:04 PM
Admiral

I think if you are worried about the ship being done on time - maybe you should book your sailing about a month after the first sailing. This would cause you to worry less.

I believe the discount would be off your best rate - not the rack rate.

Theresa
Old July 24th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Rochelle,

Princess seems to allow plenty of time for delays in scheduling each ship's first cruise. If I remember correctly, MV Golden Princess was hosting travel agents and various dignitaries in Southampton for a week and a half before her inaugural cruise.

Norm.