Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2001, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Default Captains Circle

Since Princess has updated their website i can no longer access my booking details through the Captains Circle like I could for my previous cruises, is this no longer possible or is their a different way of doing this, any help would be great thanks.
Debbie.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Captains Circle

Hi Debbie,
Once in the Princess site, go to cruise personalizer. Then its just a matter of typing in your booking number, which you should get from your travel agent or you can call 1-800-Princess. I had a number on my papers from the travel agent, but it was just a reservation number for the cruise agency, not the Princess booking number. Hopefully you should have no problem, I've used it recently and its a nice added feature, enjoy.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 5th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Debbie,

Donna is right. Just select "Cruise Personalizer" from the main menu, then "log in" with your name and booking number as it appears on your booking. Your travel agent should be able to supply that information to you if you don't have it already.

Your travel agent should provide a cruise information package to you about sixty days before sailing (usually about a week after you submit your final payment). The paperwork in that package (both the passenger information form and the shore excursion reservation form) usually have this information preprinted on them. Be sure to enter the information exactly as it appears on the printed forms.

Norm.
Old August 5th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Debbie,

My friend and I are sailing on Royal Princess on September 10th. When you access your booking at least 40 days before your cruise, you can log into Cruise Personalizer and fill everything out, tell them of any medical problems you have and special diets plus book your shore excursions. We've done that and we will not receive papers to fill out for boarding. We did it already online. The only shore excursions we need to worry about are in Quebec city which weren't online for some strange reason. Other than that, we have everything except our cabin number. I suspect we will get that at the pier. Since we booked a category we would be comfortable in (a non obstructed view outside) whatever the cabin, we will be just fine. Hope you manage it too.

Carole
Old August 5th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Hi Carole,
We too have filled in all the information, but didn't realize we are "all set", no more papers to fill out, fantastic, I like that :-)

Bet you are looking forward to your Royal cruise, just around the corner, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 5th, 2001, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Donna,

If you filled everything out, there should be an "Advance Check-in" sticker on the outside of the clear wallet containing your tickets. If you have that, all you will have to do at check-in is to sign the authorization for your on-board account and complete any immigration forms required for the ports of call on your itinerary. On some itineraries, the purser's staff also take your passports at check-in (they do issue receipts for them) to facilitate clearance from local authorities at some ports of call. Princess's check-in is pretty streamlined anyway, but the advance check-in expedites it even more.

Norm.
Old August 5th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Captains Circle, Thanks Norm

Hi Norm,
I think we will just be able to almost fly right on board :-) I was even able to give them the sign and sail information, so our credit is all set as well. I did notice on our Ocean cruise that even that check-in was a breeze, so this should be even faster, thanks for the info!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 6th, 2001, 02:55 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Captains Circle, Thanks Norm

Hi Donna and Norm,

Yes we did all of it too. then Princess (I guess they didn't read my Miami address) had my home city as Chicago! My TA corrected it this morning, but we've had it done for awhile. Be nice to just be able to get onboard fast and without all the red tape. If they want my passport, fine, I'll definitely have it, but we'are only going to one country outside the US and that's Canada. Don't think there's a lot of formality if you're coming off a cruise ship. Norm, this if for you. Neither Susie nor I are big nightlife people, but are there any shows we shouldn't miss? We'll go to those. I'm bringing my portable DVD player and movies plus good escape literature. Not that we'll have a lot of time to read. We don't have a lot of sea days. My dream now is to sail royal Clipper, the largest sailing vessel ever built, on one of its transatlantic cruises between Cannes and Barbados. It's a three week sail. They have crows nests especially for passengers with settees in them. More bliss. Three swimming pools, etc., no organized activities, no formal nights, for pre-cruise you're given a rental car and hotel reservations and you're on your own. But until I can find someone who's willing to share a cabin with me for that one, Royal Princess, that Grand old girl, will do very nicely.

Carole