Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2001, 05:58 PM
First Mate

Default April 27 Star Princess Parties

Things are getting started for our cruise on the new Star Princess. This will be my first Princess Cruise and I am really looking forward to it. We are searching for party ideas from anyone who has done parties on any of the Grand class ships. There are 2 birthdays to celebrate and I thought 1 of them could be a birthday party and I suggested the disco during a sea day. Having never sailed Princess I don't even know if the disco is open during the day or not. If you were celebrating 2 birthdays at a party on a Grand class ship with 20-30 people, what would you do?

Also what memorable parties have you had on any of your past cruises that might give us some ideas?

Jeff
<http://www.kroooz-cams.com>
<http://www.kroooz-cams.com/infinity/>
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: April 27 Star Princess Parties

Hi Jeff,
Guess we have to start messaging someplace else now! Not sure if the group wants this board or the other. Let me know which we decide on. Or maybe CC will come back?
Old October 7th, 2001, 12:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: April 27 Star Princess Parties

Carol-
I love Cruisemates, BUT their message boards aren't great. They do not keep current replies on top. For instance I couldn't even find this thread until I did a search. On Cruise Critic it is was great because the most recent response was on top. I'm hoping that Cruise Critic will be back, but it is a very expensive service for InfoPOP...something like $2500/month. Things might be too slow for them.

more later....jeff
Old October 7th, 2001, 03:53 PM
First Mate

Default Meeska, Mooska, Mouska...

Okay guys, I've put the link to this page on our site. For now we will keep it here. Thanks Carol for the suggestion!

Met Brad and Dave yesterday at Disneyland. Its been a few years since I've been and I think it may be the last time in a long time that I return. Having gone to Disneyland since 1955, maybe 1956 I have seen many changes. It took Lee and I 20 minutes just to get into a parking space on this very light day at the park. As we walked into the park after purchasing our $40+ 1 day tickets I kept asking myself what happened to the magic. The park was still very clean, but none of the attention to detail that there used to be. The almost NEW Tomorrowland is horrible. Not too much left except a pizza restaurant of the new stuff. Still have the 3D show which was cute, Star Tours, Space Mountain. But that is it. No more submarines, mission to mars, or tram thing (I can't remember the name, too many dead brain cells). The Haunted Mansion was redone as The Nightmare Before Christmas and was very refreshing. We had short lines and did everything in the park we wanted to do by 4:00. It was great to see Brad and Dave again. Hopefully we can all meet sometime before the April cruise date again.

I brought my digital camera with me, but didn't take any pictures. I feel really stupid for hauling it around and not even using it. Brad took several so hopefully we can post some soon.

That's it for now. More later......jeff

PS waiting for the report from the Exotic Erotic Ball
Old October 8th, 2001, 09:46 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Meeska, Mooska, Mouska...

I can't believe Disneyland has changed so much - I thought ti would always be DISNEY; no Haunted Mansion? No Submarine? Well, Jeff thanks for the update; you have saved me from saving up for a return trip there.

I also hope CC is back up - love that board.
Nancy
Old October 8th, 2001, 02:27 PM
judie

Default M - I - C See you real soon!

Oh, no, not the Haunted House. But, please tell me they still have Pirates of the Carribean! Oh, if they change that, I'll just sue Mickey! And $40 plus for only 1 day. Yikes!

Jeff, you will have to wait for Pat to get home on the 22nd to get her thoughts on the "Exotic Erotic Ball". We have been before and think it's great, to some extent. I do like the Cow Palace better than the place in San Francisco because you can find a seat in the stands and watch everything going on on the stage. But the parking still stinks! Pat will enjoy, I hope!.
Old October 8th, 2001, 10:12 PM
pitterpat

Default Re: M - I - C See you real soon!

i love disneyland, don and judie took my son & i in 1996 and i was 16 all over
again running around the park, picture with pooh bear but $40+ for one day
Mickey certainly has joined the California economy hasn't he?
I am looking forward to the exotic erotic ball and who knows i may join in the
fun you all do not know the things i can decide to do on the spur of the
moment!!!!! to be continued............