Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Default Grand cabin FF/Drinks

My boyfriend and I have been upgraded to an FF cabin and I was wondering if anyone was been in one of these cabins. It has an obstructed veiw, does that mean you can't see out the window at all? Also I was wondering about bringing drinks on board. Can you bring soda and alcohol on board? Any help would be great. We are first time cruisers and are on a little bit of a budget. Thanks, Bethany
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Raffy

Default Re: Grand cabin FF/Drinks

HI Bethany,

Category FF is an obstructed view, you will probably have a window but you will not able to see out of it, it is like having an awning in front of the window. Most likely you will have a life boat in front of the window. When you think about it, how much time are you really going to spend in your room?

As far as bringing drinks on board, we did and had no problem. My boyfriend and I brough wine and beer and no one said anything! We actually brought our beer to the bar and they opened it and gave us limes.

You will have a wonderful time, it is a beautiful ship and everyone is so nice!

Enjoy!
Old August 14th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Passenger

Thank you for your imput. I was wondering, did you bring the drinks in your carry on or did you pack them away? Did you find that there was a lot to do a night?
Thanks for helping out a first time cruiser.
Bethany
Old August 15th, 2001, 04:27 PM
First Mate

Hi Bethany,

When my husband and I cruised on the Grand, we packed cokes into our carry-ons. But I saw plenty of people carrying water bottles in the open. As far as what you want to take, I would pack it.
Old August 15th, 2001, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Bethany,

Most "obstructed view" cabins generally have a prime view of a lifeboat, tender, or service boat. You probably won't see much scenery (perhaps small patches if you look at the right angle), but you will get daylight into the cabin.

In eight cruises, I have never seen anybody from Princess try to stop any passenger from bringing beverages aboard -- though I suspect that they might if the quantity is excessive. Aboard the newer vessels, all cabins have refrigerators so cooling your beverages will not be a problem.

Of course, if you're like most passengers, you probably will not spend very much time in your cabin....

Norm.