Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Rob H

Default Sea Princess : Mexico Nov 10

Can anybody tell us what this ship is like to go to Mexico, food and staff.
We just did a Celebrity to Alaska (Infinity) Inland Passage for one of our vacation weeks and want to use the last week to get some warmth.
Our service and food was excellent and then we met some folks who indicated they felt the food was not 4-5 star on Princess.

Any advice you can give us would be appreciated. We live on Vancouver Island in Victoria BC Canada and plan to take an early AM flight out of Vancouver to Los Angeles. Considering its about a 3 1/2 hour and we are same time zone that should get us to the pier by about 1-2pm and the ship leaves at 7pm.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2001, 11:49 PM
Elhare

Default Re: Sea Princess : Mexico Nov 10

The Sea Princess in April foodwise was not 4 or 5 star. The service on board excluding our tempermental waiters and the even worse Maitre d' was superior. If I had stuck to the seafood instead of the meat entrees I would have been much happier. But who knows, maybe they have improved since April? The ship itself is outstanding and I would go again with lower expectations regarding the dining experience.
Old August 21st, 2001, 12:13 AM
Rob H

fair enough, its the warmth and service mainly. Yes, the ship seems first rate in what I've seen on the boards.

many thanks

Rob
Old August 21st, 2001, 06:09 PM
traveln1

Hi Rob,

I was on the Sea Princess last April-May for Panama to Los Angeles and agree with Elhare.. I loved the ship, I had an excellent waiter, but the food was only average (except the lobster bisque!). I was in first seating and felt rather rushed. As we were on the ship through back-to-back cruises, the menu repeated! From Acapulco to LA we ate dinner in the Horizon Court which was nice, but predictable.

I'm booked to NZ/Aus. in December on Regal Princess and go in with lower expectations for the dining experience.
Old August 21st, 2001, 09:31 PM
Rob H

thanks for info,
we have now booked and selected late sitting instead of personal choice as we can also change over if we desire.
Agree, its the ship and cruise that we are looking forward.
Mind you, having someone else provide food and service is a bonus.

cheers
Old August 22nd, 2001, 08:13 PM
Admiral

I sailed on her 2 years ago and the food was excellent. I actually preferred it to Celebrity's Millennium. We had great service also.
Old August 23rd, 2001, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Rob,

I last cruised aboard MV Sea Princess nearly 2 1/2 years ago, during her inaugural season, and everything was wonderful. I'm about to check it out again over the week of 3-10 November, though. I'll post a review upon my return, which unfortunately will be too late to help you but might be useful for others.

Norm.
Old August 24th, 2001, 01:53 AM
Rob H

Have a great trip Norm..
If you get to the Internet Cafe and its not expensive..
just kidding

Rob