Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2001, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Deluxe Anniversary Package

Has anybody ever purchased this package? It's going to be our 35th anniversary and I'd like to do something special, but this seems like a lot of money for not really much. Maybe I'm misreading it and it's great. If it is, I'd hate to miss out on it, but if it isn't much, then I'm sure that I can find someplace else to spend the money.<g> (Too bad we won't be going to St. Thomas and the jewelry stores.)
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2001, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Deluxe Anniversary Package

Hi Harry!

My husband and I ordered the Deluxe Anniversary package last November for our 8th and it was well worth it. The robes you get to take home (you will get 2). The breakfast in bed is well....use your imagination! Very romantic. Unless you like strange food, get the petit fours over the canapes. The roses in the room made a nice touch when we entered our cabin and the champage for the sail off was nice.
This package also includes spa packages, if you don't use yours, they will let your wife use both of them! The framed picture is huge! This package really made our cruise really special for the both of us. I say Go for it, 35 years together you both deserve to be pampered!!
Old August 22nd, 2001, 10:58 PM
Rob H

oh oh, guess I shd consider this..as we are now in our 33rd
that would be a large surprise and she does love resting in bed being fed and wined
Old August 23rd, 2001, 12:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, that's a big help. The personal observations are a big help.
Harry
Old August 23rd, 2001, 08:07 AM
Linda S

Hi ,
We celebrated out 25th anniversary with the deluxe renewal of vows package on the Grand in July and are we glad we did it. The robes were great and we both still use them today and the canapes were a nice treat to have before dinner. We also did the renewal of vows which was a beautiful private ceremony with just our immediate family (kids 16-23) the captain and a witness. It was very moving for us as well as the kids. The framed picture from that night will be treasured always. The breakfast in bed was great too as we got to enjoy it in private since we had 2 staterooms hee hee. One for the kiddies, one for us old folks!lol
Surprise her and I hope you both enjoy. By the way the massages were great also but just a warning that the do try to sell you on upgrading it to a hour instead of the half hour. I'm sure if you do not want your massage that your wife can either get a full hour herself or a facial or something else of equal value.
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:24 PM
skmcpher

We had the Deluxe Anniversary Package when we sailed on the Grand at the end of July. I think the package was a little overpriced but I'm glad we got it. I can do without the champagne because I don't really drink and the champagne they give you isn't exactly top-notch; but having a private champagne toast in your stateroom is a great way to start a romantic vacation. The robes you get to keep are wonderfully soft and nicer than those you get from the room steward. The massages we got were WONDERFUL despite the fact that they did try to get us to upgrade to the one hour massage. We enjoyed the petit fours every night and the champagne breakfast in bed was a nice treat, although once again the champagne left a lot to be desired. Oh, and don't miss the tour of the bridge -- it really is quite an experience and what a view! Now that we're home I have several nice reminders of our anniversary cruise -- the robes (I use mine every day), the champagne glasses, and the large beautiful framed formal portrait of us. As I said, I think the package was a little overpriced, but it helped make our cruise just a little more special, and for that it was worth it.