Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Carole Dunham

Default cruise411 goofed

We used cruise411.com to book our upcoming Princess cruise. My travel companion lives in Illinois and I live in Florida. Although I live in a nice area, the post office we use is one of the worst slums in Miami. I had no reason to advise my cruise companion of this fact because she asked cruise 411 to send her cruise docs to her and mine to me and to charge her for the service. They set both sets of docs to her. She sent my docs to me by certified mail. I almost never get certified or registered mail as it is usually stolen. In this case this is what happened. I wasn't in when the docs were delivered and got the notice instead. I never go to our post office if I can since anyone who drives a nice car (and I do) usually gets robbed or assaulted by beggars before they have a chance to get back in their car. I'm hoping as our art center gets built that more nice residence condos and rentals get built and we can have our own post office and zip code in our neighborhood. We had pre-registered online so Princess had my credit card number on my documents. Anyway, I called the post office for a redelivery, which was scheduled for the following day. I was told to take the signed receipt to our mail room which I did. We have a new girl working there and she is kind of a dim bulb. She said the mail person asked for the receipt and took it and didn't give her anything. when I called the post office I was told it had been delivered! So now some thief has my credit card number. I will cancel it, of course, but all of our Broadway tickets require it to pick up our tickets for shows and I won't have time to get a new one, unfortunately. I called cruise411 and told them what they'd done. Then they tried to charge me an additional $35.00 for Princess to re-issue the docs. I told them it was their responsibility and they would pay for it, unless they wanted to hear from my lawyer. They didn't and picked up the cost. I always get things like FedEx because it doesn't deal with our lousy post office. When I use my regular Miami based travel agent she always sends me things by messenger. All of her other clients in this building have the same problems I do. If cruise411 had listened to us this never would have happened. I will never use them again.

Carole
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2001, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: cruise411 goofed

Hi Carole,
I was so sorry to hear your ordeal with the cruise docs. Let us know if you finally get them. Just another story about having a decent travel agent, like anything else you get what you pay for, hope the docs come soon. Do try to enjoy the cruise and forget about all this, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 25th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Carole,
It is indeed an unfortunate blunder that the agency didn't send each set of docs seperately, as instructed.

However, really, the rest of the chain of events has nothing at all to do with them. In fact, I'm not quite sure why your cabin mate wouldn't have just held the docs. It sounds as if you were planning on getting together in New York for some pre cruise fun.

For someone who has travelled as frequently as you have, I'm quite surprised at your outbreak. Must have been a really bad day!

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 25th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Carole Dunham

I know, but the whole series of events started with cruise411 not doing as we instructed. Having a crummy post office isn't their fault and I never told my cruise buddy about it because I never dreamed it would be necessary. No, since cruise411 is having the docs reissued at their expense means they are taking responsibility for it. My credit card is now cancelled and I will have time to have it replaced before my departure, but barely. Our next two cruises are booked with my long time agent who automotically sends docs to each person at their own address. I knew I didn't even need to docs since I am the manifest. However, since we are pre-registered I thought it would be better to have those papers so I could check in quickly. Still, never again. This isn't the only mistake they made on the booking just the most serious ones. the others were minor and easily corrected.

Carole
Old August 25th, 2001, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Carole,

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the hassle, but glad to hear that everything is getting squared away.

Do have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old August 26th, 2001, 06:55 PM
susancruzs

I'm the cruise buddy and I would have held on to them but I know how much I like getting my documents, looking at them and having them in hand! I just assumed sending it through the post office with a receipt and a signature required it would be o.k. The big shock was coming home and seeing the package by my front door. They sent mine the previous day to my work address and all along we had been telling them they had Carole's address mixed up with mine. We even paid extra so they would send them to both addresses. I guess you live and learn. Nonetheless we will be on the Royal Princess Sept. 10th and to Boston the 12th Norm! Susan and Carole will be cruisin' soon
Old August 28th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Linder

Carole,

Please contact the 3 credit bureaus and make sure that your credit report is okay. Better to be safe than sorry. We have been the victims of identity theft, and although we were able to find this out rather quickly, it is a nightmare to go thru.

I have always requested that our tickets be sent via Fedex, and have offered to pay the additional cost if necessary. I am always amazed how many TA's send tickets out regular mail or priority mail.

I'm sure you will have a great time on your cruise as you always do!

Best,
Linder
Old August 28th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Susan,

And I have to wait until 03 November for my next cruise....

Sixty-seven days is too long to wait -- but who's counting???

Norm.
Old August 28th, 2001, 08:26 PM
susancruzs

Good news everyone! The ticket showed up finally and was not opened so Carole doesn't have to go through the Credit Card routine, which is a very good thing! And Norm so what have you booked this time and counting, who is doing that?? By the way, see you in Boston!