Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Default Princess Does Not Suck!

You sound like one of the guests in the several hotels that I have worked in...always crying about something they didn't get, or something that wasn't just perfect..just to get a free room night or more.

You maybe getting some comps but I sure hope Princess doesn't buy the moaning and groaning because you're evidently looking for something for nothing!
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2001, 09:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Princess Does Not Suck!

Hey Lynn, maybe this is how this jerk gets all his vacations.......complain, complain, complain. I hope Princess does not give this CRY BABY anything. I hope I never meet up with anyone like that. I HAPPEN TO LOVE PRINCESS. Have cruised alot of other lines and they are the best. Its to bad there are people in this world like him. He is the kind of person that makes a good thing go bad for other people.
Old August 26th, 2001, 06:46 AM
LindaS

I agree with both of you. Princess does deliver a first class product. Have cruised with them a couple of times and now am so spoiled that I would't consider cruising with anybody else!!!! It takes all kinds to make the world go round but I certainly would not want to deal with the likes of Mr St.... so lets be gone with him and now that we know his opinion of Princess we do not have to deal with the likes of him and his antics. I'm sure glad that I was not there with him as I can feel the embarrasment of his attitude and tone from here!!!lol Three cheers to Princess
Old August 26th, 2001, 08:57 AM
LS

This is very sad.

When people begin to attack each other over an opinion and one so trivial as if Princess sucks or not. Get a life…………….

You should be ashamed…………
Old August 26th, 2001, 02:36 PM
sailinglisa

I agree with LS - you have taken this subject even a step further into the abyss. YOU are giving this guy exactly what he wants.....
Old August 26th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Rochelle

My husband and I have sailed on other cruise lines and never thought we could be more pleased with the product served. When friends suggested we sail with them on Princess we were kind of reluctent but we did. Well we flipped, we were so completely satisfied, price, food, cabin (not a fancy one) service we were Princess fans ever since.

HOWEVER, when "Princess Sucks" poster posted his complaint, assuming it was reasonably accurate he had great reason to complain and post, rudness by staff is not correct...not ever..not even when a passenger may be in the wrong. That is were tact and good judgement comes in handy. I too would have been severly upset to be treated in that way. Having my luggage lost after I had seen it loaded and then being "blown" off would not have made me a happy cruiser either. It is not good to judge until you are in someone else's shoes.

Now, I have some sad news to tell you the friend that has cruised with Princess many, many times was severly disappointed with the Grand Class ships (we have not been on any so I don't know first hand) He stated,cabin stewarts were very good, service at personal choice was at very best fair, food prep not very good, and delivery poor, difficult to get refills on water and tea, orders delivered that were incorrect. Buffet very poor, kind of like the fast food inexpensive buffets stateside. He further stated that employees seemed quite indifferent when he had small requests. This man is exceedingly polite being of British backround, and backs away from any confrontration. He stated that the entertainment was truly poor and worse then that, there was not enough room in the theatre for late comers. He stated that he was also for the first time bothered by smokers. He dos not have internet access or he would have posted his disappointment himself. While he says he will sail Princess again, he is disappointed with their attitude when he stated his complaints.

We have not sailed the Grand class ship, nor have we ever sailed on any megaships so we do not have first had knowledge, God willing my heart is set for the Star first sailing but will give due consideration to advise given.

It is helpful that when something goes very wrong someone posts that problem, it is just as helpful as to know the good things.

I was absolutly shocked to read about the rudness, and sad to hear first hand about the lack of concern when a very, very, very good customer was not satisfied.

Lynn wrote:
>
> You sound like one of the guests in the several hotels that I
> have worked in...always crying about something they didn't
> get, or something that wasn't just perfect..just to get a
> free room night or more.
>
> You maybe getting some comps but I sure hope Princess doesn't
> buy the moaning and groaning because you're evidently looking
> for something for nothing!
Old August 26th, 2001, 06:01 PM
HilaryB

Yes, people certainly do have a right to post unfavorable things about what ever is bothering them, but when I see a topic entitled "..... sucks", the persons opinion is already questionable to me. Obviously their opinion is slanted by some event and then everything is down hill from there. Does anybody really expect future passengers to cancel because of a persons one week long crusade to have a miserable time?

The original poster was also upset whenever anyone disagreed with him, and responded like a three year old. Sorry, but I don't believe that everyone that his person came in contact with was rude.
Old August 26th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess is great!

Hi

My wife and I have been on 8 cruises - all Princess-Never met a rude Princess employe on any of them. Actually they went out of their way to provide us with all the services we bargained for and then some. On our first cruise our cabin steward saved my wife from getting hit by a car in Acalpuco as she was crossing the street. I don't know where he came from but it was sure appreciated. I think he lived in our closet as it seems that everytime we left the cabin when we came back everything was put back in its proper place.

On a scale of 1 - 10 Princess rates a 12 in my book.

Ron
Old August 27th, 2001, 09:37 PM
sailinsal

I could not agree with Ron more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Princess for all of our 14 cruises deserves many accolades.................we just had the best of best for us at least on the Crown Princess to Baltic on July 15............the weather was spectacular,,,,,,,,sea day with sun, sun, sun and fabulous warm weather in the ports. Food was wonderful.............we eat in the dining room 90 per cent of the time and if I wanted something which was not on the menu it appeared at my request. We already booked another cruise on board with Princess but as of yet have not decided where to go next year..................perks are given to you if you put money down on board. Hurrah for Princess
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:16 PM
Passenger

I agree with you 190%! Go Princess.
Old August 28th, 2001, 04:51 PM
cruzdiva

I love Princess. Getting ready to take my 14th in about two weeks on the Royal, a favorite of mine. Is Princess perfect? No of course, nothing created by human beings ever is, but I find they certainly strive to make it so. When my cruise docs went missing last week, they produced another set immediately and express mailed them to me. Not their fault they were lost either. The cruise after the 14th is also Princess, Pacific Princess. Have to sail the old girl one more time before she leaves the fleet. Then it's Celebrity, another great cruiseline, in Alaska.

Carole