Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2001, 03:33 AM
Cruzin CA

Default Norm (or anyone) Mexican Riviera shore excursions

Saw your post with the Mexican Riveria shore excursions and have a question, did you post all of the shore excursions for PV and Mazatlan? We're going in December and Princess won't let me access the shore excursion info until 60 days prior to cruise. I would like to snorkle in both PV and Mazatlan, but didn't see any snorkle shore excursions for PV or Maz. in your post.

THANKS!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Norm (or anyone) Mexican Riviera shore excursi

Cruzin CA,

Yes, the list in <a href=http://www.cruise-forums.com/read.php?f=20&i=6175&t=6166> my earlier post </a> is the complete list from the Princess web site. The Mexican Riviera historically has not offered the same opportunities for golf, scuba, snorkeling, and swimming as the Caribbean. The list of tours for this fall's "Mexican Riviera" itineraries is a significant expansion of such tours over those offered in the past.

I can't say for sure that there are no snorkeling opportunities in Puerto Vallarta and in Mazatlan. It's possible that Tour PVR-T, Hideaway at Las Caletas, at Puerto Vallarta, and on Tour MZT-G, Hacienda las Moras, at Mazatlan, do offer snorkeling. I have no idea what these destinations are, so I'm guessing that either or both might be resorts on the ocean that might offer swimming and snorkeling opportunities. Of course, we'll find out for sure when we see the full descriptions of these tours in Princess's "Adventures Ashore" booklet. It's also possible that Princess will add new tours in these ports if there are operators who meet Princess's standards. Additionally, you can obtain information on opportunites to go snorkeling on your own in these ports from the Shore Excursion desk aboard ship.

BTW, the list of tours does exist on Princess's web site before sixty days prior to the start of each cruise -- but it remains inaccessible through your booking until Princess records your final cruise payment. I would like to see this information become accessible through each cruise itinerary, but Princess has not evolved the web site in that direction yet.

Norm.
Old August 27th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Norm Reeder

I'm a different "Norm" than the one who usually posts here. My wife and I are scheduled for the Sea Princess Mexican Riveria cruise on October 6. Since we are within the 60 day window, we do have the cruise tour booklet.

Snorkeling trips at Puerto Vallarta are the "Hideway at Las Caletas" and "Snorkeling and Kayaking at Marietas Islands". Rather than me type in the booklet description, you will actually find more info by going to www.google.com and typing in those geographic/tourist spot names. I saw lots of commercial tour descriptions of both of those.

For Matazlan no snorkeling tour is offered by Princess. You may want to try some of the websites that cover Matazlan to see what's available. It isn't known for this however.

Another avenue to try is (horrors on a Princess web discussion!) go look at the Carnival discussion groups. The Elation sails out of Los Angeles every week on a 7 day cruise to the same Mexican Riviera ports that Princess is going to. The past passengers often discuss the tours they went on. However, an awful lot of them seem to go to a couple of the major hotel/resorts and use each port as a "beach" day at the Kristal resort and another which I don't remember.

Will post a review of this cruise when we return

Thanks
Norm Reeder
Old August 30th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Rich and Kathy

Excellent! We are booked on the Star Princess for this itinerary for next April. We've been checking similar excursions offered on other lines but would sure love the details for the ones that Princess offers. This definitely helps.

Thanks.

-- R&K