Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Alice

Default Has anyone booked with Best Price Cruises?

I have been trying to book my 10- day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Ocean Princess for 3 days now, and no one from Best Price Cruises seems to care about my business?! I am growing quite concerned and would have booked through another agency already, but no one is able to offer the low pubished fares Best Price is. Has anyone booked through these people? Are they reputable?
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Has anyone booked with Best Price Cruises?

In this world... you get exactly what you pay for, generally. The key word here is "value"... not price. Service is part of "value".
Old August 29th, 2001, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Alice,

My travel agent usually has no trouble matching legitimate fares that I find on the Internet. If a cruise fare is significantly cheaper than what you can get from your local travel agent can book, it probably is not legitimate. It also is a lot easier and more convenient to handle arrangements when I can walk to the agent's office (two blocks from my home) to pick up information packets, cruise tickets, etc.

In the case of the 10-day cruises aboard MV Ocean Princess this fall, the cabins that web sites were advertising at very low fares (about $850 PPDO) seem to have sold out.

If an on-line travel agency has not responding in three or four business days, eiher the agency is not reputable or the agency is not receiving your communication. I recommend moving on. In this case, I'm suspicious that the agency is not responding because they failed to remove the ad from their web site in a timely manner and don't want to be "stuck" for the difference between the actual fare and the advertised fare. There's negative profit in selling below cost!

Norm.
Old August 29th, 2001, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Alice,
While I can't say I would know anything about this particular situation, I have used Best Price Cruises before, with no problems.
They handled a CruiseMates Group cruise for us Thanksgiving 99, with almost 500 people in the group, almost without a hitch.
U may have simply been unlucky with the particular agent who answered your call. Call their toll free #, ask for Ron Russo, and discuss your situation. After a conversation with him, I'd bet someone takes care of u.

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 30th, 2001, 01:50 AM
Alice

Thank you all for your input and comments!
EnireMCC- I realize you get what you pay for, but you are either in business to make money or you are not.
Norm- I have wondered the same. The web site still lists a standard balcony at $999. but is it due to expire 8-31-01, maybe i will get a call on 9-1-01
Kuki- You had the most encouraging words of all. I will be sure to be on the phone first thing tomorrow with Ron Russo. Thanks again for the contact!!
Old August 31st, 2001, 06:02 PM
Alice

Thanks again Kuki!!

I called the next morning, and while Ron Russo- the Director of Operations was not available, Cathy the Manager was. Cathy was very professional, concerned, reassuring and put me straight through to an agent named Beth- who took great care of me and kept me on the line while she confirmed our travel plans. I am pleased to say we are now confirmed on the Ocean Princess 10-31-01 Eastern Caribbean cruise and can hardly wait!!

Alice
Old September 5th, 2001, 01:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Alice,
I'm delighted that u were able to get the cruise u wanted, at the price u wanted. Goes to show that even within the same agency, all TAs are not created equal.

Regards,
Kuki
Old September 5th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Admiral

Alice,

I'm glad to hear that it worked out so well.

My experience is that there's a person in every organization who can get a problem solved very quickly, but that it's often a challenge to get to that person. I'm glad to hear that you did!

I have been salivating over the the "Eastern Caribbean Islander" 10-day itinerary aboard MV Ocean Princess for some time, and had thought of taking it this fall. It's a fantastic itinerary aboard a magnificent ship. Unfortunately, the scheduling didn't work for a friend so we're going to the Mexican Riviera in November aboard sister MV Sea Princess instead. Perhaps in the spring....

Anyway, have a great cruise!

Norm.