Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Age of Cruisers

We are getting ready to book our first cruise - the Grand Princess, sailing 2/17, Western Caribbean. I just read on here that it is mostly 50+ in age range. Is this true? I am 30, husband is 40, and we would like to be with people in our age range. Can anyone comment before I book? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Age of Cruisers

You will find all age groups on the Grand and at time of the year there shouldn't be many children on board. You will love the ship and find a lot of people you will enjoy I'll bet. Don't downplay the ones who are a bit older. They have as much fun as anyone. Happy cruising. I am sure you will become a cruise addict. Helen.

HOT!
Old August 30th, 2001, 04:27 PM
BillG

I expect that the Grand Princess attracts a broad range of passengers of all ages. Some school systems may be on vacation in late February (around President's Day) but most of the major cruiselines have good kids programs that will keep them entertained and occupied and they should not be underfoot. Unless you are looking for a real party atmosphere, there should be more than enough folks of your age to keep you company. Enjoy your cruise.
Old August 30th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Admiral

I am 30 and have sailed Princess 2x.

I have never felt out of place or felt "younger" than everyone else.

Princess attracts a wide variety of age groups. I think there will be plenty of people in your age group. So far Princess is my favorite cruiseline.
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:11 PM
cruzdiva

I'm 62 and my daughter's 37. Both of us loved the Grand. It's so big there are people of all ages onboard, but you will never feel crowded.

Carole
Old August 31st, 2001, 12:14 AM
Admiral

NewCruiser,

Caribbean itienraries generally do draw young families. There's no guarantee, of course, but the odds of meeting passengers in their 20's, 30's, and 40's are very good -- especially if you go to the activities such as pool games that tend to draw adults in that age group.

Norm.
Old September 4th, 2001, 11:41 PM
smartypants

I'm one of those older cruisers, but from past experiience I think they're all ages. We've been on about l0 cruises and enjoy having the younger people aboard, they're more fun in the pool games. By the same token, they can be a rowdy bunch if they're college ages. On one cruise one of the group destroyed the whole sound system and had to cancel the night's performance, they poured coke into the system and they had to send out for replacement. Also slashed one of the paintings. So you can see, you don't necessarily want them real young nor real old. Hard to fit that bill.