Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Default shore excursion descriptions

i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some detailed descriptions of Princess Eastern shore excursions (golden)

i was told there would be some when my docs arrive, but since they are already listed on line i'm afraid they will fill up before they come!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:09 PM
cruzdiva

Default Re: shore excursion descriptions

They should come earlier than your cruise docs. We will be on Royal Princess Sept. 10-20 and we received our shore excursion booklet about 6 weeks before we got our cruise docs. Contact your travel agent. We booked everything online and were able to get all the shore excursions we wanted, even the ones we booked at the last minute. You will find that there are many people without computers who must book on the ship and you usually don't have too many problems booking online. Have a wonderful cruise on Golden.

Carole
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Passenger

thanks carole,

i guess i just anxious!
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:17 PM
Admiral

Another option for you, is to get a video from seavid. (www.seavid.com) Go to the travel videos and you can order a video specific to your cruise of all the shore excursions. If I remember correctly it is $18.50. They say it is available 6-8 weeks before your cruise, however I have always gotten it earlier than that. I get one for every Princess cruise I take. It adds a new dimension when you can see the places you can visit, rather than just reading about them. There is a limit to the information a brochure can provide. As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", or something like that. (excuse the cliches) It also tends to get everybody a little more excited when they can see what is available and some of the scenery prior to actually cruising. Have a great time. Nice ship and nice ports.
Old September 1st, 2001, 09:15 AM
Passenger

Thanks Ron!

That's a great idea!
Old September 1st, 2001, 08:05 PM
SUZIE

Also visit your library, they should have video's of just about anywhere you want to go.

Suzie
Old September 3rd, 2001, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Hi,

You could also visit Princess cruise lines website at www.princess.com

Enter your name and booking ID and view the excursions specific to your cruise. it has prices, descriptions and you can even book it online.

Hope this helps
Ron
Old September 5th, 2001, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Jeannine,

You should receive an information package from your travel agent about sixty days before your cruise (or shortly after submission of your final payment, if it's later than 60 days) that will contain the following:

>> Princess's Cruise AnswerBook, a booklet containing general information about cruising on Princess,

>> A booklet called Adventures Ashore containing descriptions of all of the shore excursions for your ports of call (note that it may also contain ports of call that are not on your itinerary),

>> Information on how friends and family can reach you aboard ship (very important to leave this with a trusted neighbor or next of kin in case of an emergency at home),

>> Several forms (passenger survey, immigration information, and shore excursion reservation) for information that you need to provide to Princess, either by filling out and returning the forms or by entering it on Princess's web site,

>> Information and reservation forms for rental of formalwear aboard ship, and

>> Other miscellaneious information (most of which you can safely ignore).

On most shore excursions, Princess simply adds extra capacity whenever it's needed to meet the demand so there's usually no problem getting the excursions that you want if you either reserve them in advance or even if you reserve them upon embarkation. It's pretty rare for excursions to "sell out" before embarkation, and most ports of call offer a reasonably similar "second choice" for those excursions that do "sell out" in advance.

BTW, in St. Thomas, the "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" is worth every penny of the price. Go for it!

Norm.