Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2001, 02:30 PM
First Mate

Default Steakhouse on the Dawn Princess

I know this is a strange question but my husband is a great steak lover while i am a vegetarian so I dont eat meat or fish is there any non meat options that i could eat, e.g. side orders etc it seems a shame for my husband to miss out, any help would be great, thank you.
Debbie.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2001, 03:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Steakhouse on the Dawn Princess

Debbie,
I found this in another thread...there appear to be a few things you can eat at the Steakhouse. I'm on the Sea in November and definitely plan on trying the Steakhouse!
Steve

Steakhouse patrons can choose from four different cuts of beef, exclusively available in this dining venue, in several sizes - Rib Eye (10- and 12-oz. portions), New York Strip (10 and 12 oz.), Porter House (20 oz.) and Filet Mignon (8 and 10 oz.). A barbeque chicken option is available as well, as are a selection of favorite steakhouse extras -- with starters such as a blooming onion, jalapeno poppers, hearty chili and fresh Caesar salad tossed tableside. Steaks are accompanied by a choice of traditional options, including baked potato or fries, creamed spinach and corn on the cob. For those who still have room after the meal, a selection of homestyle specialty desserts is available as well.
Old September 8th, 2001, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Debbie,

The short answer is that the Steakhouse menu does not appear to offer a vegetarian entree.

Your husband need not despair. The main dinign room usually features a good hearty beef dish -- Fillet Mignon (sometimes as part of a "Surf and Turf" combination), Entrecote au Poivre Vert, Veal Scaloppini, New York Steak, Prime Rib au Jus, Beef Wellington, etc. There's also a sirloin steak in the "always available" section in case none of the other choices entice his palate. If he asks nicely a day in advance, the dining room staff probably will serve him any cut of meat that's available in the Steakhouse at no additional charge, too.

Norm.
Old September 8th, 2001, 09:58 PM
juliejoe

Here is a link for the menu at the steakhouse. We went on the Sea Princess and thought everything there was very good. (we did have steak, but you could skip that and fill up on all the good salad, appetizers etc.)

I hope the link works, if not just copy and paste

<http://www.princess.com/onboard/dining/sterling.html>

Julie
Old September 9th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Linder

Debbie,

If you go to the Princess site and enter your booking number, as you do for shore excursions, you may alert them to your dining preference. This holds true for those people who need to watch their sugar and salt intake, prefer Kosher meals only, and a variety of other choices.

If you need assistance your TA should be able to do this for you. If you have further questions, feel free to email me direct.

Linder