Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2001, 08:01 AM
CMC

Default LIDO DECK INFO GRAND

Can anyone tell me if LIDO deck is a good deck to be on oon the Grand Princess. We set sail on 21 OCT 01. It will be a Honeymoon for us and were very excited. Looking to meet some new friends. Were 31 and 28 and from Pittsburgh PA.

Can I bring a bottle of Booze on Board or will it be confiscated if it's in my checked baggage with new security measures as I would like to have a private bottle for the room?

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2001, 04:25 PM
cruzdiva

Default Re: LIDO DECK INFO GRAND

Your carryon stuff will definitely be searched. I don't know if the Princess policy is to check for alcohol or not, since I'm not much of a drinker.

Carole
Old September 22nd, 2001, 04:33 PM
Admiral

The Lido deck is AWESOME!

I had room #252 Lido last year and rebooked #248 for this year. You are literally within steps to the pool area, pizza, hamburger stands and the horizon court. I loved the location. Though it may look like it could be loud so close to everything - it wasn't.

The only time we went to another deck was in the evening for dinner/shows but the majority of the time we were so close to our room in case we needed anything.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old September 22nd, 2001, 07:20 PM
First Mate

We have been on several Princess Cruises and brought our own bottles with us. We were never asked what was in the bags. HOWEVER, since the WTC attack there certainly may be a change in boarding policy. I have read on this website that they are checking passengers very thourghly and this may change what you can bring on board. ENJOY YOUR HONEYMOON. Barbara from New Jersey
Old September 24th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Mary Lou

CMC:
Congrats on the honeymoon cruise...what a great way to start your life together.
Where in Pittsburgh do you live? I'm from Pittsburgh, too.
Have a great cruise!
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old September 24th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Admiral

The good news is that there is a duty free stand right in the Princess terminal, so you really don't have to worry aboout transporting your favorite liquor and having it confiscated. But, if you are referring to wine, beer or soda or real special Liquors which you may not be able to buy at the pier, that may be another case. There are stores a short taxi ride away in FLL on 17th street, so as long as they will allow you to bring your own (which was the policy before 911) then you shouldn't have a problem. Also, your first port/stop is St. Thomas and you can purchase there for your enjoyment.
Old September 24th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Liquor? No problem. I just got off the Grand on the 23rd. Took a small jug aboard in my checked luggage. Bought 2 bottles of rum in St Thomas and 4 bottles of scotch in St. Martin. Security before re-boarding looked into the boxes, saw nothing in there but booze and said "go ahead sir, have a nice day!"
Old September 27th, 2001, 01:43 PM
cruisin'dj

hey cmc,
best wishes for good times and good weather on your wedding day and cruise.
just a note...
i went on my first cruise for my honeymoon 9 years ago, and i'll be on the grand, oct 28th, for my 9th cruise.
once you get started...
cruisin' dj
Old September 27th, 2001, 02:11 PM
First Mate

My first cruise will be aboard the Grand on Oct 28th and I live south of Pittsburgh so congratulations and mucho fun aboard the Grand. I was originally booked on the Lido deck rm 225 but got changed to Dolphin cuz we added 2 more passengers. Unfortunately they have cancelled so its back to me and my cuz. I just talked to my trav agent and he is trying to get me back on Lido deck. He says from experience it is absolutely awsome - the best deck. Not as many rooms as other decks plus close to pools, gym and Horizon Court (which looks like where we will be eating most).

Have Fun - btw we're on the Western Caribbean cruise.