Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default theme nights on Sea Princess

I'm leaving on the Sea Princess in a couple of weeks and I'm extremely excited and have some questions. I don't want to overpack and I believe that there are theme nights on the 7day cruise to the Riviera. Can anyone fill me in on what the themes are? Also, does anyone have any recent info (in lieu of WTC) on bringing liquor on board? I'm worried that w/stricter security measures, that my liquor will be confinscated. Any info would be greatly appreciated........
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2001, 03:12 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: theme nights on Sea Princess

I don't think anyone will be able to tell you, as this is going to be the first year that Princess is going to do a 7 day mex Riveria - and the first one will depart in a couple of days. I am sure there will be a deck party one night - but can't tell you which night or if it will be tropical or mexican themed.
Old September 28th, 2001, 12:55 AM
constance

I was reading through some of the messages and low and behold there was one from you. Anyways if you havent heard about the liquor, yes they will take it as someone told us onboard. We were hoping to take our own as well but then found Princess wine list and how much they charge per bottle or glass. We realized that the prices are very comparable to what we pay. Hope this helps See you on the ship!!
Old September 28th, 2001, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Sara,

As far as evenings are concerned, I'm expecting the following on the Mexican Riviera cruises based upon past experience and various other sources of recent information.

>> Two (2) formal nights. The first will be the second night of the cruise, for the Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception and Cocktail Party. The second will be the next to last night of the cruise, when they usually hold the Captain's Circle Cocktail Party (for repeat passengers) followed by the Captain's Gala Dinner. On the second formal night, they also do the "champagne waterfall" in the atrium late at night.

>> One (1) semiformal night. This usually happens on a day when the ship is at sea, but not necessarily. According to a feature article on MV Sea Princess in the latest issue of Cruise Travel magazine, she is continuing the tradition of a semiformal evening on each cruise -- unlike MV Grand Princess.

>> An "Island Night" party on deck, around the pool area, on one of the casual evenings.

>> If you are going over Halloween, expect a Halloween party with a costume contest on that evening.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.