Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2001, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Default Renaissance Cruise Line

What a shame that Renaissance Cruise Line has folded. I feel so sorry for all the people who were scheduled to take their cruise, and those poor people who are having their cruise cut short by such terrible news. My question is: did this cruise line not know they were in trouble? It seems a little odd to me that this happened "all of a sudden." MAYBE THESE PASSENGERS SHOULD HAVE CONSIDERED THE BEST CRUISE LINE, "PRINCESS" FOR THEIR CRUISE. Don't mind me I am a little partial.

Sailing on the Ocean Princess's 10 day on January 29th. Barbara
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Renaissance Cruise Line

Hi Barb,
From what I've read, Ren was on somewhat shaky ground for awhile, and the recent tragic events just was too much for the investors, yes it is sad. I just hope they can sell off their ships.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 26th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Margie Kraft

Default Re: Renaissance Cruise Line

I, too, was shocked to hear of the demise of Renaissance Cruises. We went on Ren IV in February of this year and had a fabulous time. It was an excellent cruise and we found the ship to be fantastic. We were planning on taking their cruise to Tahiti in the near future. In the meantime we have scheduled a cruise on the Sea Princess in November and are hoping nothing happens to cancel this for us. I am just thankful that we had not booked another cruise on Renaissance this year. I have a niece who is currently on a Renaissance Cruise and am anxious to hear from her. Perhaps they can salvage this cruise line with all its beautiful ships at some time in the near future.