Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Birth Control

Someone told me that if I take bonine for seasickness it might counteract my birth control pills. Does anyone know if this is true? The last thing I need would be to get pregnant from someone I meet on the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: Birth Control

Jen:
We have a board called "ask the pharmacist" (the link follows). He would be the best one (besides your doctor) to direct this questions to.
Happy sailing.
http://www.cruise-forums.com/list.php?f=39
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old September 28th, 2001, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Actually I can think of something other than pregnancy as the "last thing you need" from someone you meet on the cruise"! That would concern me more .......
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Jen,

The last thing I need would be to get pregnant from someone I meet on the cruise.

There's only one form of birth control that's 100% effective. It's called "abstinance."

Norm.
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:29 PM
wblhdu

I hope Jen is joking about having sex with a complete stranger on a ship. The same diseases on land follow people right on out to sea not to mention self respect!
Old September 29th, 2001, 04:00 PM
sailinglisa

Jen - if you're that worried about it: 1) use a condom in addition to the oral contraceptive or 2) abstain!!!!
Old September 29th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Rochelle

Kind of think Jen is pulling our leg(hope so). Kind of think she wants to see how much response her posting will generate.

Seriously though, if it is true do you seriously think any of us will change her mind about her intentions.

If it is true that she intends to have lots of guests aside from the medical risks I would like to point out she could find herself floating face down in the ocean by some pervert she invites into her room or she goes into his room.
Old September 29th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Admiral

sailinglisa,

Jen - if you're that worried about it: 1) use a condom in addition to the oral contraceptive or 2) abstain!!!!

The last statistics that I have seen indicate that condoms are only 90% effective in preventing pregnancy due to a combination of defects, misuse, accidental separation, seepage, or careless handling.

Since the woman is only fertile about 1/4 of the month, one expects that only one condom failure in four will lead to pregnancy. OTOH, one expects that every condom failure will allow transmission of disease. This means that the effectiveness of condoms in preventing transmission of diseases -- some of which are deadly -- is about 60%.

Ah, they didn't tell you all that in classes on "pregnancy prevention" in our schools, do they? It's time that the truth became known. The bottom line is that the only "safe sex" is within marriage.

Norm.
Old September 29th, 2001, 11:30 PM
HOOD

In answer to your birth control answer and Bonine. If you plan to "meet" someone on the cruise, I would be much more worried about AIDS than I would about getting pregnant. Maybe you should take condoms with you on the trip.
Old September 30th, 2001, 03:56 PM
JeffCoud

Oh my god the preachiness of this Board...are all Princess cruisers so high on their own horses?
Old October 1st, 2001, 01:17 PM
First Mate

JeffCoud wrote: "Oh my god the preachiness of this Board...are all Princess cruisers so high on their own horses?"

to JeffCoud, no probably not, but then this is not Carnival ( People have actually posted here on the message boards that signs were on cabin doors advertising for sex) so one does possibly expect that people are going to not advertise for sex on this line, but then who knows?

Would you want to have sex with someone you just met and most likely will not see again? If so, take condoms, but then Jen most likely knows that already and simply posted her message merely as a joke and is laughing her butt off right now.

I am guessing that some or most of the people who post on princess boards have higher morals than that.
Old October 1st, 2001, 02:45 PM
JeffCoud

You're kidding me...people advertise for sex on the Carnival boards?? I'm shocked!
Old October 1st, 2001, 05:15 PM
First Mate

on the Carnival Ship Jeff, not the message boards.....good grief!