Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2001, 12:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default best cabin location for western caribbean?

I am sailing on the Grand to the Western Caribbean - which is preferable - port or starboard? fore or aft? are there any minisuite cabins to avoid?..........thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Skooter

Default Re: best cabin location for western caribbean?

When I was on the Grand I wrote a review in which I remarked that we had breakfast out on the balcony and had a gorgeous view of Charlotte Amalie harbor. People e-mailed asking which side of the ship we were on so that they could make sure that they would have the same view. Last time I looked at the bridge camera of the Grand, the ship faced the other direction, altering the side that faced the harbor. So, unless you can convince the captain to berth the ship a certain way, there's no guaranty a certain side will face a certain way. If you do hava a balcony, do have breakfast one morning but do it in port and not at sea where it can be windy. Enjoy!
Old October 6th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Gail,

A cabin on the ship would be preferable to one that's not....

I prefer a cabin that's located above the Promenade Deck. Other than that, it really does not matter very much. The more signficant choice is whether you want to splurge on an expensive cabin, like a minisuite, or spend half as much on a cheap (inside) cabin and use the savings for another cruise.

Norm.
Old October 7th, 2001, 09:35 PM
First Mate

Your starboard vs. port is really moot to her for your trip since she is going western and yours was eastern.
Old October 10th, 2001, 10:22 PM
SeaCruzer

My recomendation is to be on the starbord side of the ship. For the western caribbean you sail around Cuba and if your on the starbord side you get some great views that not many americans have seen. However, if you love your Bonvoyages then the port side faces the condos in Ft Lauderdale as you leave port they have a great send off and wonderful bonvoyage party for the ships. I was on the Grand 6/3 sailing in the aft suite so if you have any questions feal free to email me. If not Bonvoyage!!