Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2001, 01:16 PM
cruzinjan

Default minisuite perks

I recently changed my booking for my January Grand Princess cruise from a balcony cabin to a mini suite. I know there are no longer butlers for the mini suites however I am wondering if any one knows if there are any "perks" to be had in the mini suites other than more space and a bathtub instead of just a shower stall. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2001, 01:54 PM
KrazyKruizers

Default Re: minisuite perks

Mini suite perks - gone! Forget the small free bar set-up - gone! Forget the bathrobes - now you must ask your cabin steward for one. Forget the free hot hors d' oeuvres. Forget the preview menu for dinner. But - on the bright side. You have a big veranda with no privacy - everyone watches your every move from above. The captain and bridge staff watched us every morning having breakfast on our veranda. We had been on other Princess ships with now retired Commodore Mike Moulin so he waved every morning. Had mini-suites D218 first cruise from Istanbul to Barcelona in 1998 and D410 second cruise in the Caribbean in 2000. Our travel agent was on the Grand just this past June (2001) and filled us in with everything that had been changed. Have a great cruise.
Old October 8th, 2001, 08:58 PM
First Mate

we didn't have to ask for our robes. They were already provided.
Old October 8th, 2001, 11:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

BahHumBug! We switched our cabin from a balcony to a mini-suite for those little perks! Does anyone know why Princess made those changes? This is so disappointing.
Old October 9th, 2001, 09:57 AM
KrazyKruizers

To save money - why else? It seems all the cruise lines are cutting back on a lot of the small details that attracted people. Those of us that have cruised for a few years are the ones who miss these perks. And don't forget that Princess has also broken tradition by eliminating the Captain's Welcome Party on the 6 big ships. They now post Captain sightings where you can go and meet the captain and buy your own drink to have with him.
Old October 9th, 2001, 05:12 PM
skooter

What's next? Washing out your linens in port and bringing your own food? I remember a guidebook referred to Trans-Caribbean Airlines as "the subway of the skies." Pretty soon Princess'll be the Ocean Greyhound!