Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Grand Princess laundry

Has anyone used the laundry facilities on the Grand Princess? Is it easy to access and is it worth the trouble to keep from packing too many clothes. Thanks, Linda
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Grand Princess laundry

I was on the grand last october.....i think there was just one laudromat on our floor....i used it once....it only had a couple washer and dryers....you can buy your soap on board if you don't take it....i went late at night when it wasn't busy
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Passenger

Hi Linda, Used the laundry several times on the Grand last March, it was't a big problem, machines were always available as were irons . Jake
Old October 17th, 2001, 11:07 PM
Natonya

Linda,

It's worth it. Don't use it on the last day of the cruise like everyone else. It's a buck to wash and .50 cents to dry and a buck for soap. We went on the 9/23/01 sailing and used it and it worked great.

Have fun,

Natonya
Old October 18th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Anivory

Yes, it's worth it.
2 washers 2 dryers
2 ironing boards
Just don't wait until the last day of sailing.
Take your own detergent.
Old October 18th, 2001, 12:25 PM
First Mate

I assume there are similar facilities on the Golden, are there self serve laundries located on every passenger deck?
Old October 18th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Linda,

I'm from the other side of the fence. I think it's easier to bring enough clothes for a week.

As far as what to pack, I can offer a few tips.

>> Bring versatile items, especially in casual wear. I generally bring polo (tennis, golf) shirts -- with a collar -- rather than "T" shirts. The polo shirts are acceptable evening wear on casual nights, with slacks and ress shoes, but also fine for wear in the daytime with shorts, as a cover-up with a bathing suit, etc. In the same way, you ladies can pack a variety of tops to wear with skirts on casual evenings and with shorts during the day.

>> There's no getting out of the formal wear and semiformal wear, but I have met several ladies who say that they bring one formal dress (usually black, white, or a plain color) and a couple different sets of accessories to give it a different look. We guys can do the same thing with our suits or tuxedos.

>> If you're going to the Caribbean, it's advisable bring two bathing suits. Nylon-lycra swimsuits seem to be best since they dry quickly when you emerge from the water. The most popular "Caribbean" swimsuits are, of course, the styles that take the least space in a suitcase.

>> Finally, be sure to bring a colorful ("Hawaiian" print) dress for Island Night -- and gents should bring a colorful ("Hawaiian" print) shirt for the same occasion.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

Norm.