Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2001, 07:17 PM
First Mate

Default Sea Princess - Older teen activities

I am taking my 2 sons, 20 & 16, on Sea Princess 7-day Mexican Riviera in December. This is our first cruise. I wondered exactly what's available in the "Teen Zone" for 16 y.o. & are all those activities included in the cruise cost? (in particular, video games / arcade??) Is there real &/or virtual golf? basketball? volleyball? etc.

Anything in particular for a 20 yr. old, who is in kind of a "gap" as far as age-described ship activities. Can he go into the teen area & play video games? Disco open to under 21s? Movie theater on board?

Any info you can provide for these queries is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! We're all quite excited.
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2001, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sea Princess - Older teen activities

Sheila,

MV Sea Princess is one of my four favorite cruise ships (the other three are her identical sisters). You have chosen a real winner!

I don't know exactly what they have in the "Teen Zone" but I do know that most, if not all, of it is included in the fare. There might be a nominal charge for some activites such as video games (I seem to recall some discussion of people buying a "game card" that gave a certain number of plays on one of my past cruises, but I don't know the details). I do know that "PTC" ("Princess Teen Club") does have a lot of activities that teens seem to enjoy, though -- the only time when I have see teenagers just "hanging out" around the ship has been late at night when the activities were over.

It's rare to find a Princess cruise that does not have some young adults. If your 20-year-old joins in activities like the pool games & such that really do target young adults, he'll find plenty of others in his age bracket.

Have a gret cruise!

Norm.