Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2001, 11:30 PM
Jennifer D

Default Which balcony cabin to request on Golden Princess?

I am planning on booking a balcony cabin on Golden Princess for 3/23/02 sailing. I keep reading about some balconies lacking privacy, and people above you looking down on your balcony. Which decks and locations are best for a private balcony? My husband says we can spring for the balcony if he can "romance" me on the balcony. I really don't want to be kicked off the ship for indecent behavior....Help!
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Which balcony cabin to request on Golden Princ

Just got off the Golden a week ago. We had BC on the Aloha Deck, aft. Great location. We could look down to the balconies below but had total privacy from above and to the sides. There are other categories of balconies on the Aloha as well, with the same degree of privacy. Enjoy!
Old October 18th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Jen,
Cat. BA offer the largest of the blaconies on these two ships. About 1/2 of it is covered and the other isn't. I have read post where you could place lounge chairs on these balconies. There are also some in the rear of the ship that provide complete privacy.

If it were up to me I would take the BA cabins on the Carib Deck, and ask for a midship port side cabin. Midship will be a smoother ride and then you only have to walk 1/2 of the ships length to get to either end. That is just my 2 cents worth. I actually had a BA booked for the Golden sailing 11/17/01, but was upgraded to a minisuite, now my Mom who had a cat. JJ(inside cabin) was upgraded to my cabin on the Carib deck.
Old October 18th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Jennifer D

Thanks for the great tips. Is there a particular reason to prefer port vs. starboard on this ship?
Old October 18th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Rob H

Kind of like knowing which side of the highway has the best view.
Some folks swear up and down that one side offers the best sea or land view.

The ship has to turn around to return to port so you get to see the other side. It might be that when it moors it always moors on one side so you can see the port itself or if you like privacy then one wants the sea side.

Its a toss to my mind

Rob
Old October 18th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Baja deck also has good cabins with private balconies. You can look down on the larger balconies but no one can look in on yours. We had BD 702, 704 and 706 and they were great.

Helen #1
Old October 20th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Jennifer D

Thanks for all this great help.

Jennifer
Old October 23rd, 2001, 07:53 AM
Scott s.

Hey, we are also going on 3/23/2002. have never been so we are really looking forward to it. Have you already booked?
can anyone tell me how this upgrade works. i was told if you request a cabin that you won't get upgraded and if you book guauteed you most likely to be upgraded. we are going with another couple and wanted to have room near each other.
scott