Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Yeoman

Default price keeps dropping

boked on triumph in dec and the price keeps coming down, TA says only for new bookings. Could save $400 but TA can't offer anything. Is this normal pactice?
We have booked two rooms 2 adults 2 children for the price we paid we could now have a cat 11 suite should I push for this. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: price keeps dropping

sorry this should go on Carnival site
Old October 20th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Sharonbel

Yes you should be on a Carnival site, however most cruiselines have a 60 day window on final payment. If they wont credit you the difference ask you TA to cancel and rebook you. THAT'S ofcourse if you don't risk loosing $$$. If you TA says you can't she/he may not want to loose commision (based on total $$). Ask another TA (try Kim at kimskruises.com). She is terrific and will help you even if she may not get a commission because she wants your future business!! Email me at sharonbel@aol.com if you need more info. Bon Voyage!! Sharon
Old October 21st, 2001, 04:32 PM
Yeoman

hI Sharon

Thanks for advice, really looking forward to curise, just peeved that the price has dropped so much. To late to cancel (although I did this last time the price dropped) as we sail on 7 Dec. Have e-mail my ta again and asked her to try and get discount , I also e-mailed Carnival direct, three days ago and have not heard back from them.

So I will keep trying

Thanks again
Old October 22nd, 2001, 04:34 PM
First Mate

Michelle,
Check with your agent and see if he/she can get you upgraded instead of getting you money back.

Michael
Old October 24th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Yeoman

Thanks again for advice

Can't get upgrade as next cat is suite, I have even suggested we move down to a lower level, but its been three days and have heard nothing from ta. Going to E-mail again tonight. Fingers crossed.