Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Princess Cruises - Pacific Princess NEWS...

Good Day:

I received this information I received about the Pacific Princess yesterday and I wanted to share this information with you. These are my own words and I do apologize for any alterations that may occur without any previous notice.

Just received conformation after the recent events and as many persons wish to stay vacation closer to home, Princess Cruises has cancelled the Pacific Princess Africa/Holy Land cruises and Cruise Tours for the entire season. The means the entire season from November 2001 - April 2002 has been cancelled which means that the Pacific Princess will not return to Africa and the Holy Land this year. The Pacific Princess is in her process of completing her final 7-day Bermuda cruise on Sunday.

Princess Cruises just confirmed that Pacific Princess will berth in Bermuda due to the cancelled cruises. The Pacific Princess is expected to return to Bermuda without any passengers sometime next week to the Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda. The Pacific Princess will have only a skeleton crew onboard for maintenance purpose, etc.

The Pacific Princess will commence her normal 7-day Bermuda cruises in 2002. The Bermuda cruises will service as the farewell season for the Pacific Princess as Princess Cruises has decided to sell her to an unknown buyer.

Looks like I will have the Pacific Princess here in Bermuda with me for a while...

What do you think/love to hear from you...

Happy Cruising,
Leslie
lls@ibl.bm
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2001, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess Cruises - Pacific Princess NEWS...

Leslie,

The Pacific Princess will commence her normal 7-day Bermuda cruises in 2002. The Bermuda cruises will service as the farewell season for the Pacific Princess as Princess Cruises has decided to sell her to an unknown buyer.

Actually, it's Princess Cruises's parent company, P&O Princess Cruises Plc. of London, England, that actually owned MV Pacific Princess -- and has already sold her to an unknown buyer, the terms of the sale calling for delivery of the vessel in November of 2002.

The departure of MV Pacific Princess is no great surprise. In fact, the only reason it did not happen sooner is that Princess's agreement with the authorities of Bermuda requires that MV Pacific Princess operate Princess's Bermuda itineraries for the first three seasons (2000, 2001, and 2002). There's some speculation that MV Royal Princess may take over that itinerary starting in 2003 since she was scheduled to take over the India and Africa intineraries as well, though I would not be surprised if MV Grand Princess takes it over at some point since she is now registered in the home port of Hamilton. It would be rather awkward at best for Bermudan authorities to refuse permission for a ship to call at her own home port!

Norm.
Old October 28th, 2001, 12:45 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Princess Cruises - Pacific Princess NEWS...

The unknown buyers are a group of Italian investors.

Carole